RONALDINHO APPRECIATION THREAD

MEIRELES.

cos he the central attacking mid they played 4/5 attacking mids no strikers

'66 was 100% fixed.

/

Toney. You can't play one match & then claim that WC medal like you played an integral part of them winning.

I beg.

Portugal got what they deserved in 66, it was them who crocked Pele.

He beasted the 1st game then got injured in his 2nd, then his replacement came in and beasted how should he not claim a medal?

That's like saying Greaves didn't deserve a medal in 66 when he got injured and Hurst came in and beasted.

nah portugal were fucked over when they were meant to play at everton and the fa changed it last min to wembley and they had to travel down in the middle of the night before they played england

Word?

Well, disqualifies him too then.

Nah it doesn't, if a player contributes to that teams tournament he should get his medal.

Don't matter if he plays 1 minute of the 1st match.

Pele actually won the 1st game for Brazil, what's to say they would have got out of the group without a win in the 1st game.

Say a RB has a bad tournament but the team still win it, everybody has different contributions to the team, all contribution won't be equal.

It's a team game.

Regarding Pele though as said before he played his 1st in 1958, last in 1970.

In that time you had players known as greats come and go but Pele remained at the top of his field.

Players like Fontaine, Beckenbauer, Cruyff, Riva, Charlton, Eusebio etc... could do NOTHING, I repeat NOTHING to stop his Brazil sides.

I say his Brazil sides aswell because he was the only player from 1958 present in the 1970 side.

Pele >>>>

Best defenders come from 90-98

no way lol

it just seems like that

because of the new offside rule and no back pass rule.

i used to think the same but when you think about it they had it so much easier.

no way lol

it just seems like that

i used to think the same but when you think about it they had it so much easier.

Don't be silly

If you can name defenders currently plying their trade who are better the likes of

Baresi

Thuram

Maldini

Desailly

Stam

Nesta

Cannavaro

Go ahead

no way lol

it just seems like that

Don't be silly

If you can name defenders currently plying their trade who are better the likes of

Baresi

Thuram

Maldini

Desailly

Stam

Nesta

Cannavaro

Go ahead

bit of a reach considering stam, nesta, cannavaro, thurams best days were after 98 and desailly never played in defence for almost the whole 90s..... maybe because they got older but none of those players were the same after like 03 when the new offside rule came into play