Official Arsenal summer transfers rumour thread

Guest Ryan

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really a fan of Gilbert tbh. Maybe if he goes somewhere else to grow up a bit...As for Micah, wouldn't really appreciate him in the squad, he's only praised because of his strength, I don't hail him as a great defender.JMO.

Richards would be a big addition if we get rid of Senderos. He can cover multiple positions and it might allow us to play Richards right back and Eboue right wing if needed. Richards can also play center back and defensive mid so hes an upgrade form Sendero in my opinion.Riberys a must. We need a winger badly and hes one of the best up for grabs and Arsenal are in a great position to capture him.

etoo would cost 25-30mil llow datid rather bring anelka back. dat wud cost about 10milbut we'll probs get babel for like 4mil cos he can play wing and striker
I dont understand why you care how much he will cost, its not your money and if Wenger doesnt spend it on him its unlikely he will go for a player like him but cheaper.25-30 mil is what is expected for a player of Eto'os calibre. Hes world class and will have an immediate effect on the teams fortunes.Look at Man Utd. 30 mil for Rooney, 30 mil for Rio and now they are the most consistent performers on the team along with Ronaldo and Scholes.Chelsea the same with overspending. Sometimes its a necessity to buy big.

It's not that I care about how much he costs, its just I doubt we have 25-30m to spend on one player...If we do spend that, then just know somebody from the first choice 11 is being sold and I dont want that...Even Ribery & Richards is costing 30m...

I dont understand why you care how much he will cost, its not your money and if Wenger doesnt spend it on him its unlikely he will go for a player like him but cheaper.25-30 mil is what is expected for a player of Eto'os calibre. Hes world class and will have an immediate effect on the teams fortunes.Look at Man Utd. 30 mil for Rooney, 30 mil for Rio and now they are the most consistent performers on the team along with Ronaldo and Scholes.Chelsea the same with overspending. Sometimes its a necessity to buy big.
why spend more than u need too. we dont need eto'o and 30 mil on him aint a great investmentbarca buying eto'o, valencia buying villadats the type of transfer we need. buy them wen there good already but not at a huge club

Guest Ryan

Gilbert was good when he came in the season before last but with both Eboue and Hoyte signing new contracts recently I can't see where he'd get his chance.

Guest Ryan
Arsenal are interested in Rennes starlet Jimmy Briand, according to reports in France. The 21-year-old did not start the season as a regular at Rennes, but has become a key player in the last few months. Manager Pierre Dreossi recently claimed Briand had taken his game to another level, and will meet with the player at the end of the season to discuss his future. Briand is contracted to the club until 2009 but is believed to be keen to discuss his option. L'Equipe has reported that Arsenal are keeping tabs on his progress, and have sent scouts to watch him in action. St Etienne and Lens have also been linked with Briand, and France Under 21 coach Rene Girard can understand why he is attracting so much attention. "I have been convinced since his first match against Sweden," said Girard. "Jimmy is an absolute professional. He has an exceptionally rare quality for a forward. "With some forwards, if they are having a bad day, you almost play down to ten. "When it doesn't work well for him, he does his best to make it work for the other players."

I'd like Richards but I know Man City would bump the priceA GK would be good, someone like Akinfeev (FM mandem that know) or HildebrandWe don't really need another forwardThere's Bendtner who's coming in plus Vela might be here by JanuaryA winger is a mustA quality one at that

im still not keen on ribery,has he got enough goals in him 2 b a match winner?richards would b a good option,not 2 mention hes english but i guess that will mean over-pricedalthough it is a lot of money,if we got eto & played RVP on the wing surely that's r attack sorted

Sorry but I found some of this funny.

ARSENAL RUMOURS Contrary to some people's belief, Arsene Wenger will not spend big in the transfer window signing loads of proven all-stars. He will instead use his tried and tested scouting network to find the best talent available, only making one expected and overdue big signing although some back-up for positions will be bought. Yoan Gouffran will be Arsene's first signing, arriving for ã2 million from Caen in the coming weeks. The France U21 international will first start as back-up to the wingers and strikers but Wenger hopes he will become a world class striker. The prolonged arrival of Franck Ribery will finallly be completed with the explosive winger joining in a deal worth around ã12 million. There will be a few other recognisable faces at the Emirates next year however, captain of Ghana, Stephan Appiah will arrive from Fenerbache along with teammate Sanli Tuncay. Tuncay will arrive on a bosman giving Arsenal extra width (something Arsenal lacked seriously at times this season) and goalscoring ability from midfield (something Arsenal have missed since the departure of the brilliant Robert Pires) . Appiah will add bite to the midfield and will replace Patrick Vieira in that sense. Arsene will sign various other promising youngsters from the French leagues who have been scouted by Gilles Grimandi. Other youngsters Arsene has been impressed with and will sign are Kolbein Sigthorsson - HK Kopavogur, Harvard Nordtveit - FK Haugesund, Plata - Malaga, Kyle Bartley - Bolton, Renato Augusto - Flamengo, Steven Naismith - Kilmarnock and Pedro - Figuereinse. The fringe players heading out are Aliadiere, Poom and Flamini. Baptista will go back to Madrid and Reyes will be sold to a team in La Liga. The most interesting signing of the summer will not be a player however, Dennis Bergkamp shouting requests from the dug-out will become a common scene as he will become a coach and Arsene wants him to be pitchside at every game (might become tricky at champions league away games though) . Arsene will now play two different formations, a familiar 4-4-2 and an interesting Holland-esque 4-3-3. Arsenals 4-4-2 team next season will be: GK: Lehmann/ Almunia, LB: Clichy/ Traore, CB: Toure/ Senderos, CB: Gallas/ Djourou, RB: Eboue/ Hoyte, LM: Tuncay/ Rosicky, CM: Fabregas/ Denilson, CM: Gilberto or Appiah/ Diaby, RM: Hleb/ Ljungberg, ST: Henry/ Adebayor ST: Van Persie/ Bendtner. His 4-3-3 team will be: GK: Lehmann/ Almunia, LB: Clichy/ Traore, CB: Toure/ Senderos, CB: Gallas/ Djourou, RB: Eboue/ Hoyte, CM: Appiah/ Rosicky, DM: Gilberto/ Diaby, CM: Fabregas/ Denilson, LWST: Henry/ Bendtner or Naismith, CST: Adebayor/ Gouffran, RWST: Van Persie/ Walcott or Renato. Arsene's carling cup line-up will be: GK: Fabianski, LB: Traore, CB: Connolly, CB: Senderos, RB: G. Hoyte, LM: Merida, CM: Randall, CM: Pedro, RM: Renato ST: Gouffran, ST: Vela (if he gets Work permit, otherwise Walcott) .
Alot will be bs but enjoy trying to read that.