PlayStation 4 & Xbox One

Supermalt

Will you guys opt to use the pad wired instead of wireless?

Let me clearly outline some of the benefits lad. Since you seem to be struggling a bit.

- You don't have to pay extra for either a wired controller or an adaptor if you want to connect the controller to your PC.

- Microsoft themselves have said there IS a latency difference between wired/wireless controllers. This is important in certain games especially if you are a competitive gamer.

- In a tournament setting you can't have 30+ people trying to pair their controller. Hence wired is needed in such a situation.

- If your battery is running low. We've all been there when our battery has died in the middle of a game of Fifa :lol:

Now tell me more about why having a controller that acts as wired/wireless isn't useful?

Ta.

• Upvote 6

Pro Gaming Events - Will never be there, probably like everyone else on this forum.

PC - Well I wouldn't be buying a games console so I could use it's pad on a PC. And what extras? Can plug a PS3 pad into PC and use it right now without extras.

Battery Running Low - 2 Seconds to plug cable into pad and carry on gaming whilst it's charging.

Latency - I don't think any normal gamer is noticing the supposed 6 Millisecond difference it offers. 

Would be no use to me. Current pads work perfectly. But if it's something that fills you with joy go for it.

• Downvote 10

Pro Gaming Events - Will never be there, probably like everyone else on this forum.

PC - Well I wouldn't be buying a games console so I could use it's pad on a PC. And what extras? Can plug a PS3 pad into PC and use it right now without extras.

Battery Running Low - 2 Seconds to plug cable into pad and carry on gaming whilst it's charging.

Latency - I don't think any normal gamer is noticing the supposed 6 Millisecond difference it offers. 

Would be no use to me. Current pads work perfectly. But if it's something that fills you with joy go for it.

If you can't grasp the point that it makes sense to UNIFY the controller so it can act as either wireless or wired, then you are simply delusional. But i'll humour your attempt at a response.

- I said competitive gaming for starters, and you are wrong straight away. I can name at least ten man from this very forum who have been to such tournaments.

- What are you even talking about here? I play games on my console and PC. Most of my PC games my mouse and KB will suffice. But certain games, a gamepad is preferable. I'm not gonna go out and buy a special PC controller when i can use my consoles one. Just because YOU don't think it's useful for you, that automatically means that having this functionality in the controller is useless? :/

- You realise some people use battery packs which need to be pre-charged? If you forget to have a spare charged, then you're screwed.

- I doubt anyone can see a 4-8ms latency difference on screen. But if you play a game where strict timing matters (fighting games) and play to a decent level, then it makes no sense to use a wireless pad to learn the game.

That video you posted is pointless as it's not an accurate way to measure the difference. The guy is estimating when he thinks the trigger is fully pressed. Come on mate, that's trash. Unless he's using a computer to measure when the button is pressed, then there's a 99% chance his method is inaccurate.

Who is filled with joy, quote the post where this happened? Cheers.

If you are saying a controller that acts as wired/wireless is useless to you, then that's fine. But questioning its usefullness to others, when there are clear MONEY saving benefits + more, makes no sense. Surely you can grasp this?

• Upvote 7