Same sex marriage

Same sex marriage  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Should gay people have this right?

I find it strange that a lot of people who are prejudice toward gay people also get upset when they are on the other end of it via racism.

If gay people want to get married then so be it. The constitution of marriage isn't the same as what it once was, the meaning itself has been contorted to fit in with modern day lifestyles so you can't argue that gay people shouldn't be allowed to be married because it's not traditional. Anything else is discrimination. 

• Downvote 1

Yh cos true say gay people walk around with those pink triangles on their arms innit

:/

Hate it when people compare being gay to being a race...u don't know mans gay until he lets u, wether its telling u or just clocking the limp mannerisms it's still something they can hide if they choose...skin colour however is not no matter how much aunty bleaches.

e.g

Gay man can still stand in the office and drop banter over page 3 with the lads if he wants and pretend.

Black man can hardly stand there and laugh with Gary and Bobs joke about what you call a black guy in a suit etc.

(Although I'm sure many do stilly try smh)

• Upvote 3

You obviously do not choose to be gay, come on now

You may choose not to practice homosexuality, but as far as sexual preference goes? It's not something you choose..

Co sign

My boy's ex girlfriend had a little brother who was about 5 years old when we used to see him, my boy said from then he was gay and I used to crease cos he was so adamant about it. He came out as gay a few years back.

By the same logic man could say paedophiles are born paedophiles

Or lewis was born lusting over feet

I aint tryna hear it

The fact that a significant number of children who are molested end up with homosexual orientation should tell you it's not a choice

Nobody chooses who they are attracted to, I didn't make a concious decision to like women, and no...Lewis didnt make a concious decision to start liking feet

• Upvote 1

You obviously do not choose to be gay, come on now

You may choose not to practice homosexuality, but as far as sexual preference goes? It's not something you choose..

Surely this is obvious? Are people really that out of touch with reality that they goto such extremes to uphold their ignorance?

I'm going to stop having a discussion with moron's lest people confuse me for one.

• Upvote 2

By the same logic man could say paedophiles are born paedophiles

Or lewis was born lusting over feet

I aint tryna hear it

The fact that a significant number of children who are molested end up with homosexual orientation should tell you it's not a choice

Ay?

A significant number of kids molested ending up with homosexual orientation points more to it being nurture than nature if anything

• Upvote 1

Eh?

No, it shows that it has a psychological effect on young children and they often end up with an altered perception of relationships, both sexual and emotional - they do not think, 'I was molested, so I'm going to choose men now' 

Nurture does not mean a choice, either, hence the word nurture, which means growth, encourage or devlopment 

Nature or nature means is behaviour a result of hardwired instincts or something attributed to the enviroment n which the specific individual grows up in - it doesn't have anything to do with physically making a decision between gay and straight 

Being gay is like every other level of emotional and psychological variation in the world

With some people there may have been a specific trigger in early (or later) life, a lot of lesbian women say they were completely put off relationships with men by a bad experience for example, maybe something else, I dont know, maybe it is a response to early stimuli and exposure to certain people or moments - these things, while external (i.e. not human instinct) do not constitute a conscious choice. They are part of human development and are largely out of the hands of the subject

With some it may be that whatever happened in their life, be it discourging, threats....positive messages of hetereosexual relationships... they would have turned out to be gay - from a perspective of 'fate' or destiny I suppose this is the view you can take the moment someone does become gay, if you want you can see this as 'born gay'

What ya sayin makes no sense mate

Nature: innate qualities

Nurture: personal experiences

Personal experiences do not = choice though, that's the thing

If through some odd combination of personal experiences in your life, be it molestation, lack of a father figure, overt female influence or anything else, you find yourself sexually attracted to the same sex, this is not a choice that you've conciously made

Acting on it, is a different matter, but the desire itself? Largely out of your hands

The increase in gay acceptance will only breed an increase in gay people. 

The increase in gay people will mean that more gay people will be doing more of the typical jobs like nursing or teaching.

Teachers spend between 5 to 8 hours a day with a child, more than most working parents.

Children are easily influenced by the adults they spend time around.

Still think gay don't matter in your life?

You mean an acceptance for gayness will lead to more people being openly gay than hiding it?

I hate to piss on your parade but at some point in your life you've almost certainly been served, conversed with or even touched by a gay person and been totally oblivious to it. I think a lot of people's impression of gay people is heavily influenced by people who think that because they're gay they need to make it glaringly obvious by being camp, that pisses me off no end but they aren't all like that.

I couldn't give a shit about marriage between two heterosexual people never mind gays, it means nothing to me but forcing religions to hold ceremonies for it is ridiculous. Religion isn't mean to be progressive, the word is the word so stick to it.

Letting them have kids is too far though imo.

Your assuming thats what I mean but I work with a guy that is openly gay but hasn't told his parents. I see the way people where I work keep their kids away from him but he is by no means "Camp", he's just gay. (Yes it does urk me)

2 things come to mind when I consider the classification of gay and how it came about. Its either something that was inherited or something learned. Now if its something inherited then from the amount of people where I work where I get to interact with people and their children (No peodo), the parents do not want their children affected  by what they see as wrong, so they keep their kids away (They've fully said this to me).

But if the gay was learned then the same applies because this gay dude has seen the positive sides to being gay (if there are any) and made conscious decision, and like the bible bashing crew, will in some way try to pass it onto others. The parents see this possibility and would rather not have their kids around it.

I've had this conversation with numerous parents who look forward to one day having grand children. Sure there are some that wouldn't mind (Too much) a gay yute but mostly, they want straight kids, and anything they can do to avoid that not happening they will do.

It sounds like a fire bun statement, fuck it, it is a fire bun statement, but if someone is inherently gay, they need to just be killed cos its not like they will be bringing anything new to the species is it? Jheez imagine an out of work raging homo with no purpose. Whats the fucking point of their life?

Round round we go

How does nurture = choice

I don't kno why u bother cipher it's like slamming ur head against a brick wall

I can tell sole is profit by his autism

O n I think Dav x has a point tbh it's already righteous to be gay in the left wing world, it will acquire the anti stigma among leftists not indifferent to goin out with an ethnic / adopting a black child

• Upvote 1