Has there ever been a bigger con in football, than Andy Carrol?

Fighting Weight

Except maybe Ali Dia...seriously, Ive seen the guy live a few times now, and I dont think I've ever seen a player with a worse ability-to-price ratio in my life

There have been players that have been stars in other leagues and come here and not quite adapted well, or players that are straight up overpriced

But thirty five million, for Andy Caroll, is absolutely atrocious

I saw him at the Spam - Swansea game on the weekend, and he was woeful, stumbled around like an oaf making a hash of things

Credit to him he did get the winning goal and then draw a few fouls afterwards with decent hold up play, but he looked so, so poor, and has done for over a year now

The few times Jarvis or Vaz Te would break forward on the wing, Caroll was far too slow to be able to burst into the box to make a nuisance of himself

Absolute carthorse

I think Arsenal and Us were lucky.

Liverpool were spending crazy money and if they spent wisely could have left us both when it came to Cl places.  Now they are behind us but are buying wisely.  If they were doing this when they had 60-80 mil then we would have easily got left behind.

Can't see anyone bidding more than 12-15 mil for him.  

Except maybe Ali Dia...seriously, Ive seen the guy live a few times now, and I dont think I've ever seen a player with a worse ability-to-price ratio in my life

There have been players that have been stars in other leagues and come here and not quite adapted well, or players that are straight up overpriced

But thirty five million, for Andy Caroll, is absolutely atrocious

I saw him at the Spam - Swansea game on the weekend, and he was woeful, stumbled around like an oaf making a hash of things

Credit to him he did get the winning goal and then draw a few fouls afterwards with decent hold up play, but he looked so, so poor, and has done for over a year now

The few times Jarvis or Vaz Te would break forward on the wing, Caroll was far too slow to be able to burst into the box to make a nuisance of himself

Absolute carthorse

Carroll is a decent baller. When I saw him against Arsenal at West Ham he played good. Hold up play, decent feet. He was good at Newcastle too. It was just last minute Liverpool got £50mil for Torres and Mike Ashley was like if you're buying him now £35mil is your price. They wouldn't have paid that in summer. Kinda feel sorry for him. The price makes it high profile.

Special mention to Anderson at Utd. :lol: He's sh*t.

• Downvote 1

I rate Anderson

Just like Diaby, if he could play 6 games on the spin u would see the quaity

/

Carrol aint that bad, plus im sure that was his 1st start in a while so he was bound to be rusty

Chamahk is better, feel sorry for him over there with that route 1 style, at least he gets to enjoy london