di possible death penalty for di cannarghbees

Guest chap44uns

Guest chap44uns
'We were tortured in Dubai desert:' British tourists arrested for possession of cannabis could face death penalty after being 'beaten up and given electric shocks by police'
  • Trio were tortured after police claimed they had 1kg of synthetic cannabis
  • Were taken to desert and beaten in July last year, the claim
  • Charged with consumption and possession with intention to distribute
  • Law says attempts to traffic or promote drug use carries death penalty
  • All have pleaded not guilty and face a hearing tomorrow

By Anna Edwards

PUBLISHED: 12:24, 20 February 2013 | UPDATED: 13:04, 20 February 2013

Three British men were tortured with electric shocks and beaten by police after being arrested for possessing cannabis while on holiday in Dubai, it was claimed today.

Grant Cameron and Karl Williams, both 25 and from London, and Suneet Jeerh, 25, from Essex, say they were subjected to a terrifying ordeal after being taken into custody seven months ago.

In a harrowing account of his ordeal, Mr Williams described how he was allegedly blindfolded with a towel before police applied electric shocks to his testicles. He then says he had a gun held to his head and believed he was going to die.

article-2281633-1803E2BE000005DC-271_306
article-2281633-1803E2AA000005DC-684_306

Suneet Jeerh (right) and Grant Cameron were subjected to torture including beatings and electric shocks by Dubai's police, they claim

article-2281633-1803E2CF000005DC-492_306

Karl Williams denies the drug charges police have accused him of

All three men are still being held in the UAE and, if found guilty of attempting to traffic or promote the use of drugs, could face the death penalty.

Their accounts of their treatment are detailed in draft witness statements, drawn up by Reprieve lawyer Marc Calcutt following conversations with the three men in Dubai.

The torture took place in the desert, where the men were initially taken after their arrest, and subsequently in a hotel room.

Mr Williams’ statement describes how he was tortured in the hotel: 'I remember that the police put a towel on my face so I could not see.

'They kept telling me I was going to die. I was so scared. Once I had been knocked to the ground, the police picked me up and put me on the bed.

'They pulled down my trousers, spread my legs and started to electrocute my testicles.

'It was unbelievably painful. I was so scared.

'Then they took off the towel and I could see that there was a gun pointed at my head.

'All I could think was that the gun in my face could go off if the policeman slipped, and it would kill me.

'I started to believe that I was going to die in that room.'

The men were arrested on July 10 last year by police who claimed to have found 1 kilogram of a synthetic cannabis known as 'spice' in their car.

They have each been charged with consumption and possession with intent to distribute.

If found guilty of consumption, the minimum punishment is four years.

The minimum prison sentence for possession is ten years.

But if they are found guilty of  trafficking or promoting the use of drugs, they could be given the death penalty, Reprieve said.

They have pleaded not guilty to the charges, and will appear at their first hearing tomorrow.

However, all three have signed documents in Arabic – a language none of them understands. It is unclear if these were confessions.

Mr Calcutt said: 'The idea that young British tourists on holiday can find themselves arrested and tortured in this way is truly appalling. 'Being electrocuted in the testicles is about as brutal a torture as can be imagined.

'The Dubai authorities need to immediately drop the charges against the men and conduct an independent investigation into how these terrible events occurred.

'If they do not, I am sure this story will linger in people’s memories – particularly when it comes to booking their holidays.'

Reprieve campaigns for the human rights of prisoners and promote the rule of law around the world

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2281633/British-men-arrested-possession-cannabis-Dubai-face-death-penalty-beaten-given-electric-shocks-police.html#ixzz2LTmmeGYu

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

thats fucked

fuck around in next mans country accept the consequences

I have a strange feeling you would not be saying that if it occurred somewhere other then dubai.

But then again I don't even know u

nothing to do with it, these brits think they can swan around the world doing whatever and their passport will save them, same like these brits who try move drugs through thailand and get caught, if the country in question is big on drugs and u still try move drugs through it dont come out moaning that u got beatings and have to serve some huge sentence.

ive said this story before

13 (or 14, cant remember) me and my boy picked up £10 worth of some next shit (guy called it paint) each had a full joint.

2 hours or so later he's violently throwing up, eyes are fucked etc and has to go hospital

i dont even feel a scratchy throat or anything (wasnt a smoker) and had to jam therein hospital, hecouldnt speak properly so im tellin doctors what we did

anyways

its not the drug/substrance

its the person

Corner boy - Yo dave, you need that high g

Dave - Ye what you got man

(Hand shake)

Corner boy - Sheeet, we imported some wild ass smoke got the hood going crazy.

Dave - Hook me up g

Corner boy - Here's a sample

(Lights up spliff)

Dave - Ohh, boy

(Dave starts bouncing up and down, coughing, laughing)

Dave - What's this shit called g, it's tight

Corner Boy - Dulux 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2