16 year old schoolgirl stabbed to death on the bus

stacksbranning

A SCHOOLGIRL was stabbed to death on a crowded double-decker bus during the morning rush hour today.

The 16-year-old was killed at around 7.30am as commuters made their way to work in Birmingham.

Detectives have launched a murder probe following the brutal stabbing as officers broke the news to victim’s family, who has yet to be formally identified.

The attack happened on the number 9 First West Midlands bus as it pulled into a stop in Edgbaston before the killer fled the scene.

Police have now launched a manhunt for a black male in his late teens or early 20s. A suspect who was detained earlier has now been released.

The suspect is believed to been clad in dark-coloured trousers and a dark hoodie with a distinctive tiger or leopard motif on the back.

Witnessed said he may have been carrying a small white bag or have had a bandage around his right hand.

Traffic backed up into the city centre as police closed off the busy Hagley Road, one of the main roads leading west out of the city.

It is unclear where the girl was sitting when she was attacked on the double-decker.

Detective Superintendent Richard Baker said: “As you can appreciate the family are extremely distressed and distraught by the news of today’s events.

West Midlands Police have identified the victim’s family and are in the process of breaking the sad news.”

A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesman said: “A senior paramedic officer in a rapid response vehicle, two Basics (British Association for Immediate Care) emergency medics and two ambulance crews attended.

“One person was confirmed dead at the scene.”

National Express West Midlands said the vehicle was heading out of the city when the stabbing happened.

A spokesman said: “We can confirm that a tragic incident occurred on a number 9 service this morning.

“Our thoughts and condolences are with the friends and family of the person involved and we will offer all possible support to the police in their investigation of this matter.”

The city centre attack comes just a few months after two big issue sellers were stabbed to death in broad daylight in the middle of the city centre.

Just knew he'd be black

R.I.P 

so needless, just on the way to school yanno

smfh

how do u know it was needless? I still didnt hear about the part where he confesses and says it was a random ting

bitch cudda done anything like

RIP none the less but hate when guys jump in like say they know the motive of the crime

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Just knew he'd be black

R.I.P 

so needless, just on the way to school yanno

smfh

how do u know it was needless? I still didnt hear about the part where he confesses and says it was a random ting

bitch cudda done anything like

RIP none the less but hate when guys jump in like say they know the motive of the crime

What do you think this girl's capable of, that would justfiy this guy stabbing her to death.

Even if she did something, stabbing her was needless.

• Upvote 1

a human being is capable of anything, and different crimes will deserve different punishments depending on the person viewing it, you let spend all day judging others

There is so many 10s of thousands of possible grandiose Eastenders scenarios as to why this happened, I wont go into all

what I will say is that, the fact man stabbed her on a packed bus on the way to school and then got nicked after shows there was a reason behind it, or he is mentally ill

• Upvote 2