Illegal file sharing

Pro

I was staying in Germany for a few months and recently came back to the UK. So i get a phone call from my friend in Germany this morning who i was flat sharing with telling me that he got a letter from a law firm saying that he's being sued for illegal file sharing. Anyways i know this guy don't watch no movies at all and the films he's mentioned are ones i watched. The document is about 8 pages saying that he could be sued for thousands of euros but if he pays now its gonna cost €700. Its kinda fucked cause i know I'm responsible and said I'd pay the fine even though they don't have my details but the thing is i can't pursue this case myself since I'm not in Germany. Didn't even now this until now but Germany is big on the copy right infringements, i read an article saying that German ISPs give out 300000 pirating suspect details a month. So obviously since i can't pursue this case myself and have to rely on him, I'm seeing a lot of potential conflict especially them ones where they don't consult with you first. So i told him that I'm looking to get off with a warning or lower fine but the max I'm paying is €700.

Its dem ones where u think its never gonna be you but shit is real i assure u. This law firm could be bluffing for all i know but boy not looking to drag this thing out too long. I know this could've been avoid if i knew how to keep my ip anonymous so I'm not looking to get another case here in the UK so any tips would be appreciated

Has anyone been in such a situation,know of others or got general advice.

woah. thats fucked

dont even want to think about the grand total of shit i DL'd all these years

lol you know. that being said i don't use torrents or dl films only albums individual tracks really

Drop some info on Germany lad what's it sayin

Birds, nightlife, prices, places etc

Birds - never been too big on the flakes but gotta say the flakes in germany are prestige, hardly see a fat girl plus there's more variety to them in terms of nationalities.There more conservative but very friendly and overall very easy.

Nightlife - weren't going out too much but fark drinks are expensive, entrances cheap plus germans can handle there drinks. Not too much on the binge hype and it's harder to pull that one night bang

Prices - Transport cheap but that's about it food, garms, electronics and rent were more expensive.

Places - Was staying in Munich very beautiful and clean with a rich history and culture if ur into that. A lot of places to go, marienplatz, frauenkirche, bmw museum, olympia area, german museum and obviously oktoberfest. Bavaria in general is probably the nicest state in Germany for that natural beauty and obviously the alps are round the corner

• Upvote 2

Was staying in Munich very beautiful and clean with a rich history and culture if ur into that. A lot of places to go, marienplatz, frauenkirche, bmw museum, olympia area, german museum and obviously oktoberfest. Bavaria in general is probably the nicest state in Germany for that natural beauty and obviously the alps are round the corner

c/s

great place in the summer.  really nice weather and plenty of stuff to do ourdoors.  also re: the alps thing, jump in a train to Salzburg in less than 2 hours

is the tube system in munich still nuts?  im talking no barrier trust system - just stamp ur ticket on the way in.  its no joke tho when you see them 2 random dudes stand up, pull out ID and start asking people for tickets (ticket inspectors in disguise on some csi: train flex)

rah seems like its gonna be a netflix ting from now on

Was staying in Munich very beautiful and clean with a rich history and culture if ur into that. A lot of places to go, marienplatz, frauenkirche, bmw museum, olympia area, german museum and obviously oktoberfest. Bavaria in general is probably the nicest state in Germany for that natural beauty and obviously the alps are round the corner

c/s

great place in the summer.  really nice weather and plenty of stuff to do ourdoors.  also re: the alps thing, jump in a train to Salzburg in less than 2 hours

is the tube system in munich still nuts?  im talking no barrier trust system - just stamp ur ticket on the way in.  its no joke tho when you see them 2 random dudes stand up, pull out ID and start asking people for tickets (ticket inspectors in disguise on some csi: train flex)

yh still the same but you got those inspectors in london too don't know about scotland.

germans are very trustworthy ppl and crime is low, ppl leave their gps/cd players in the car but the weirdest thing was the newspaper boxes. You can just open the box and grab a newspaper without paying. The newspaper company trusts you to pay the full amount.

c/s

great place in the summer. really nice weather and plenty of stuff to do ourdoors. also re: the alps thing, jump in a train to Salzburg in less than 2 hours

is the tube system in munich still nuts? im talking no barrier trust system - just stamp ur ticket on the way in. its no joke tho when you see them 2 random dudes stand up, pull out ID and start asking people for tickets (ticket inspectors in disguise on some csi: train flex)

yh still the same but you got those inspectors in london too don't know about scotland.

germans are very trustworthy ppl and crime is low, ppl leave their gps/cd players in the car but the weirdest thing was the newspaper boxes. You can just open the box and grab a newspaper without paying. The newspaper company trusts you to pay the full amount.

But you didn't pay did you? Same way you didn't pay for those movies and mp3s
  • Upvote 1

c/s

great place in the summer. really nice weather and plenty of stuff to do ourdoors. also re: the alps thing, jump in a train to Salzburg in less than 2 hours

is the tube system in munich still nuts? im talking no barrier trust system - just stamp ur ticket on the way in. its no joke tho when you see them 2 random dudes stand up, pull out ID and start asking people for tickets (ticket inspectors in disguise on some csi: train flex)

But you didn't pay did you? Same way you didn't pay for those movies and mp3s

LMFAO