Horse riding....

Fighting Weight

I urge everyone who has an oppertunity at some point in their life to do this, to take it

I had a snobbish view of it for a long time (upperclass, bounty etc), but I experienced it abroad, did some natural riding (no stirrups, bit etc) and it was a genuinely amazing experience, horses are wonderful creatures, you experience a real bond with them when you ride

Anyone else done so?

I urge everyone who has an oppertunity at some point in their life to do this, to take it

I had a snobbish view of it for a long time (upperclass, bounty etc), but I experienced it abroad, did some natural riding (no stirrups, bit etc) and it was a genuinely amazing experience, horses are wonderful creatures, you experience a real bond with them when you ride

Anyone else done so?

Did the horse tell you that you were the only one?

The horse is a lier and a certified bosh, this relationship will not end will

• Upvote 8

Anyone else done so?

Did the horse tell you that you were the only one?

The horse is a lier and a certified bosh, this relationship will not end will

Nah I know that's not true because it told me 'I dont normally do this'

• Upvote 5

Cipher watched Django and got gassed :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR9h4XTtlRs

• Upvote 6

Anyone else done so?

I have Horses, train them & ride regularly.

I love horse riding. 

I think its an experience everyone should have and also follow natural horsemanship my self apposed to the BHS style of overpowering your horse with aggressive equipment we use methods that create bonds and trust and allow a much nicer riding experience.

Theres some real amazing people out there working with horses and doing magnificiant things..  Lesley Desmond, Mark Rashid, Klaus Ferdinand Hempfling (Dancing with horses...  beautfiul) & Anja Beran

Did it

Didn't like it. Magnificent as they are, that combination of intelligence an strength makes them untrustworthy In my eyes.

One day the horse is upset, it can't tell you, it shows you, you die

Allow

They are unpredictable but for me you take that risk every day in your life just crossing the road, getting on a train etc.  I rode up until i was 6months pregnant only the horses I knew were 99% safe in most occassions.

It may not be able to tell you verbally but this is the beauty of natural horsemanship if you really listen to the horses body language and behaviour you know the days its not sensible to try out certain things or maybe even not ride at all.  Alot of people are scared of Stallions because they think that they can be quite aggressive but Mares are much more complicated to ride they tend to be much more opinonate and because they get hormonal and come in season they can be hard to work with at times but knowing your horse and knowing their behaviour can help you make the right decisions.