Love is Holywood......?

Badman

A muslim brodda at work is in an arranged marriage 

He is North african, Big beard, all the bells and whistles 

When asked 'do you love your life'

His reply was - 'Love is Hollywood'

2 years later I still think about what he said...

Discuss 

Yeah soz let me rephrase

He was talking about the love between a man/woman

not love between mother/father and child 

but love is love though

so this makes no sense

Is it?

or is Holywood or any other man made medium just takes a genuine feeling which is love and manipulates it into something which is fantasy in order to give people a false sense of hope

Coz that shit sells, thats why every other film is a RomCom

its garbage but by the end of the film females (or emotional males) get gassed

people see it on TV and suddenly they yearn to feel something similar to make themselves want to feel exactly like the character does in the film.

Its a euphoric feeling but imo its not natural, its fantasy

Sticking to the point I think its a problem in todays society because it gives people false expectations especially in how they conduct themselves in a relationship

Yeah soz let me rephrase

but love is love though

so this makes no sense

Is it?

or is Holywood or any other man made medium just takes a genuine feeling which is love and manipulates it into something which is fantasy in order to give people a false sense of hope

its garbage but by the end of the film females (or emotional males) get gassed

people see it on TV and suddenly they yearn to feel something similar to make themselves want to feel exactly like the character does in the film.

Sticking to the point I think its a problem in todays society because it gives people false expectations especially in how they conduct themselves in a relationship

No thats called excitement

Love is love

Youre basicalky saying your parents dont live each other and its just sex

Yeah soz let me rephrase

but love is love though

so this makes no sense

Is it?

I don't get your point, people go to other genres of film to experience certain emotions, romcom, horror, thriller, action. It doesn't mean that being in love/ being scared/ being excited are not real life emotions

Yeah soz let me rephrase

but love is love though

so this makes no sense

Is it?

I don't get your point, people go to other genres of film to experience certain emotions, romcom, horror, thriller, action. It doesn't mean that being in love/ being scared/ being excited are not real life emotions

showing love in a film is easy for people to relate to because the point is they believe its a realistic real life situation

more so than other genres 

and on that point I believe this is exploited by people up top which is basically a form of manipulation and control...

On a very simple level its easy to find yourself in a situation where for example your g/f might have certain expectations of you because she saw Jennifer Aniston or Sarah Jessica Parker have it that way in a film, whereas the true meaning and values of love and what it represents is lost in translation so to speak as a result

I believe we have a whole colture built on it and it has shaped our society especially in the western world because it starts from a very young age i.e. Disney 

dont get me wrong I do believe in true love, the love which only a bonded family could share like Dom Dom bullets mentioned but not the kind of love which most people are led to believe...

showing love in a film is easy for people to relate to because the point is they believe its a realistic real life situation

more so than other genres 

and on that point I believe this is exploited by people up top which is basically a form of manipulation and control...

On a very simple level its easy to find yourself in a situation where for example your g/f might have certain expectations of you because she saw Jennifer Aniston or Sarah Jessica Parker have it that way in a film, whereas the true meaning and values of love and what it represents is lost in translation so to speak as a result

I believe we have a whole colture built on it and it has shaped our society especially in the western world because it starts from a very young age i.e. Disney 

dont get me wrong I do believe in true love, the love which only a bonded family could share like Dom Dom bullets mentioned but not the kind of love which most people are led to believe...

More realistic how? love is no more realistic than being scared/excited. Romcoms show unrealistic/over the top depictions of love (eg everyone always live happily ever after) just as slasher movies portray danger in an over the top way and Arnie movies do the same with action. IMO love is not Hollywood, but what is Hollywood is when people expect some perfect relationship or to live happily ever after.

/

What do you mean by people at the top using romcoms to control people?

the love i feel for my daughter is most certainly different to any love i could feel for a woman.

init, dom crossing wires when the point is obvious 

'I don't think there is any real difference between family love and romantic love'. thats a lie mate.

yeah

when you  have romantic love and settle and form a family, whats that now? you gonna love your family in separate ways?