★★★ Lucas Martin Matysse vs Lamont Peterson ★★★

Fighting Weight

Lee pirdy

Disgraceful performance

It really was horrible mismatch. As for having no power, he was basically fighting with one hand. 

I wanted to see Brook v Alexander so much, this was a disgraceful match. when asked about fighting brook after this, Devon really brushed it off wanting Mayweather or Khan. 

Alexander v Khan would be a better match up for Khan, as he will not go any where near Mathysse with his awful chin. It doest look like he wants to fighter Petterson again and I dont think he would be able to handle Angel Garcia again, let alone Danny in his recent form.

Mathysse V Garcia is what a fight should be, No1 v No2. It could be a war, it could be a very quick night. Its looking very likely this will get made. Winner could easily move up to 147 putting them in the frame for Mayweather 

Id like to see brook in with a top 10 welterweight like Burto or even Victor Ortiz who is a big name in the US. 

Some exciting match making to come in the next few months

Guest Chelsea Jack

beast, khan don't want kno part of Lucas. Amir needs to understand that we don't hate him cos of 'racism', we jus think he's a stupid mug.

'AHHHHHH YEAHHHH ERRRRR I RECKON I COULD GIVE FLOYD A SERIOUS RUN FOR HIS MONEH.. I BELIEVE AH CAN BEAT EM'

Mate you went life and death Julio Diaz, you would get demolished by floyd SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

Matthysse been a problem

he should be 0 coz they robbed him in the two losses

Peterson should rematch Khan

If Khan wasn't an excited c*nt, he could beat Mattysee by boxing, but Amir likes to engage and trade.. his defence and his chin isn't good enough for that mexican toe to toe action

El Chino is fighting next month also

/

I really wanted to see Devon vs Brook

I thought Devon Alexander was that guy after he beat Urango but he isn't all that

If Berto beats Soto Karass, I'd like to see Brook fight him or even Khan go up to 147 to fight him

• Upvote 1

Yeah feed Berto to brook imo, very good step-up/challenge

Wouldn't be surprised if Berto lost to Soto-Karass tbh, the guy just keeps disappointing  imo he needs to move down to 140 and ply his trade there, and get his stupid brother out of his corner, his Floyd impression vs Guerrero was embarrasing and at the end of the fight he was looking like Jackie Chan

I'm split on Virgil working with Khan, you can see he has made some gradual improvements, he fights clever when hurt, tries to use the ring better, but I honestly think his natural ring IQ and punch selection is so poor, that Roach's his speed, all-offence in-and-out flurries may have suited him more

He's obviously in a transitional stage but it seems he's given up his main advantages, because I honestly don't know if he can ever fight smart

/ Lucas is getting an ildeserved reputation as a brawler, he's a good boxer-puncher

co-sign

I liked Khan with Roach

Khan lacks discipline and ring smarts, he is too eager to please.. I think Roach got the best outta him from an attacking perspective

I don't think Amir will ever improve defensively, he will always be open to big shots (always has been), they just have to pick his fights wisely and of course he has the skill, hand speed and respectable power to trouble many at 140 and 147

Khan's best performance for me was against Maidana, he showed everything there, I think he should be far more appreciated over here

not saying they're on the same level but the yanks hated Floyd for yonks.. the Hatton fight onwards was when the casuals started to side with him and that devastating win vs diego corrales (rip) shut alotta the boxing stans up re: floyd being just a defensive fighter but even after then they still used to call him boring for years n get at him for his opponent choices

I think there is the risk of Hunter making Khan an average fighter.

His best asset was his speed on the offence, There are not many boxers who can let the hands go with the speed of Khan, In any weight class. But he did rely on attack being his best form of defence. Now he less willing to throw flurries as he has been taught to fight smarter.

Hunter has improved his defence, but as a result the offence has suffered and he is still having trouble with light weights and washed up champs. With Khans chin, he cant afford to get hit clean at all.

SO now there is a fighter with average defence skills, good offence and still with a glass chin.

Also Richard Scheafer has confirmed that he is moving up to 147 and essentially ducking the most competitive devision in boxing.

I can see this Mayweather v Khan happening but most likely sept next year. If its going to happen it will be in the UK. I could see this selling out 30K to 40K seats easy, PPV both sides of the atlantic. BIG BUCKS

IMO khan isnt ducking 140, the guys resume there is very very good (the best in the division, and certainly the best win-or-lose resume)

Malignaggi TKO

Peterson (IMO!)

Malignaggi

Kotelnik

Judah TKO

He's fought everyone, and is stupid enough to want to fight the likes of matthysse etc, def not a ducker

He's just being moved up to 147 specifically for a mayweather fight

Maybe saying he is ducking isnt very fair.

But there really isnt anywhere he can really go in that division now. Anyone ranked in the top 5 will give him serious problems and i think he is one more bad defeat from quitting for a while.

at least he can move up, and try and get a footing at welterweight. Take a few safer fights, He thinks he will have better punch resistance at 147 as he is not draining himself to make weight.

TBF it does make much more sense moving up than sticking at light welter.

I retract my statement