Galaxy Note Battery Problems!

Lethaldabizzle2008

Yooo i got a Sam Galaxy Note 1, any ideas as to why my battery life has just been draining from 100% to dead in bout 2 hours with hardly any prolonged usage of anything. 

I dont do anything different to what i did last month when i was getting like a days worth of battery from it. It has also almost doubled the time it takes to charge. Any ideas people cos this ting is going through a window soon its wrecking me!

EDIT : Probably should have put this in the smart phones thread! 

yeah i did a manual update to jelly bean like a week before it got released but had no problems with it and then like 2/3 weeks into the new update it just fails to have any longevity even if i literally do nothing on it. for example last night it was on charge on 16% with no programs running at all and i went to check if it was charging about 2 hours later and it was on 12% then when i woke up this morning it was on 83%. 

you have any sort of fix on your s2 cos i imagine would be similar fix on the note?

It's possible that some lint has got into the usb port and is shorting out a connection, discharging the battery constantly. Give this a try

I'd also suggest going maplins and getting a can of compressed air to blast di port clean

If you get no luck with that, contact Samsung support and they should repair it for free as it might still be under warranty. Only thing is you'll be without the phone for a few weeks

Yeah cheers for the advice boys i watched that video the other day on the net and had no luck when cleaning da port. The port is in perfect condition in my eyes. I need to get a new battery too i think see if thag does da trick u can get dem onez with extended life. Gona check the cpu usage now.

Yeah cheers for the advice boys i watched that video the other day on the net and had no luck when cleaning da port. The port is in perfect condition in my eyes. I need to get a new battery too i think see if thag does da trick u can get dem onez with extended life. Gona check the cpu usage now.

Ahh skeen. I got one local dude to put a new usb port on my phone, but I knew the port was busted cos the phone said it was charging when it weren't. Cost £22 notes

im on 30% screen

been discharching for 8hrs 6m and 46% batt left

got gp, wifi, hsdpa on, using bluetooth headphones to play music and youtube videos for a total of about an hour and a half today i think

and streaming from rdio, browsing net, facebook etc

still not enough

Galaxy S3

I just downloaded an app called permissiondog, just been using it for a bit as it checks every apps usage whenever you open it, thus allowing me to see which apps are using a lot of my battery time doing things i do not need them to do. so far picked up a couple of rogue apps running tings in the background. Since deleting these there is a noticeable increase in battery life but still there is a problem it just isnt running as it should be. Going to be a new usb port fiited from my boy and if that doesnt work it really is R.I.P Note!

I just downloaded an app called permissiondog, just been using it for a bit as it checks every apps usage whenever you open it, thus allowing me to see which apps are using a lot of my battery time doing things i do not need them to do. so far picked up a couple of rogue apps running tings in the background. Since deleting these there is a noticeable increase in battery life but still there is a problem it just isnt running as it should be. Going to be a new usb port fiited from my boy and if that doesnt work it really is R.I.P Note!

Which apps were the rogue ones fam?

Well permissiondog, on downloading it shows all ur applications installed on your device and shows you what they all have access to i.e facebook would have access to your contacts at anytime. Etc. And it gives each applcation a rating out of 5 on how dangerous it could possibly be to your phone. Its actually very insightful cos you can see every opponent of what and app can access on your device and then you can see for your self if it wasting time and battery.

I had an app called picsart. Apparently it was a problem, so i just unistalled it and the others were a game called Vector and a poxy little torch app!

A bit early for all dis writing but i got work boyy...

• Upvote 1