Website Help.

serpent

Can somebody in the know help me please. 

I am looking to make a website, probably just using Wordpress, i haven't registered a domain name yet but the one i am after is available. I just need someone to help me step by step in getting the website set up to my needs, best place to register my domain, best place to host, what sort of hosting i need, templates etc.. 

Obviously i am not expecting someone to help me for free and i will sort them out a little bit of money if they can help guide me in the right direction.

can anyone be of any assistance? Thanks. 

domains:

123reg for .uk

godaddy for others

hosting:

i think guys on here have recommended bluehost or dreamhost or something like that

i've used tsohost which is relatively cheap, and fatcow - tho i haven't been impressed with fatcow's loading times with a few basic wordpress sites hosted

what you need is a hosting package that supports has php, mysql, apache - you'd have to check the wordpress website for what versions of the 3

- linux hosting seems easier than windows hosting 'cause its more common so there are more instructions for linux - the obvious difference between the two is linux you set permissions for files/directories but in windows its more automated

-many hosting packages will advertise that they support wordpress and maybe even have wordpress install scripts so you don't have to install it yourself (just click a few buttons)

you can get templates for free off wordpress' website

themeforest has loads of good premium ones -- you can find many to download for free on the interwebz if you search once you find the one you want

• Upvote 1

get the domain from 123 and hosting from somewhere else.

I use justhost, its alright.

• Upvote 1

Go on themeforrest find a theme you like

Then google it (and try stuff like mediafire, free, download etc after the theme)

Should be able to find a full rip

• Upvote 1

This will be the last time, as i know i'm probably getting annoying now but i can't find the theme i want anywhere...

If someone wants to make themselves a quick score i'm looking for a theme from themefuse.com called newsetter. If you can sort me a working link to that and another working link to a similar theme i will pay you through paypal. ta.