Battlefield 4

Creed Diskenth

At GDC this evening EA unveiled Battlefield 4, powered by Frostbite 3, with a 17-minute gameplay trailer.

The DICE-made shooter is due out in the autumn, EA said.

The Fishing in Baku gameplay video is lifted from Battlefield 4's campaign, which starts with the evacuation of American VIPs from Shanghai and follows your squad's struggle to find its way home.

The video sees the player, Recker, trapped in a sinking car with three of his squad mates. The demo then jumps back in time to reveal how they got there.

EA said the single-player will offer huge environments and the ability to direct squad mates. It will also track player progress, adding persistence and "friendly competition".

"We are so humbled and proud to debut Battlefield 4 on a global stage with simultaneous events in San Francisco and Stockholm," EA executive Patrick Soderlund said.

"To be this early in development, and to already be so polished is a huge achievement for the DICE team and reflection of their passion and commitment to driving the franchise forward. Today's demo was just the beginning - we have so much more in store."

Now for the inevitable pre-order information. Pre-order BF4 - currently just for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 - and you'll automatically get a Premium expansion pack. There's a BF4 Digital Deluxe on Origin, which includes the base game and bonus in-game digital items. Pre-order that and you'll get the Premium expansion pack as well as access to the Battlefield 4 multiplayer beta.
  • Upvote 1

Know what I will be doing on my lunch break.

YOURE NOT DOWN!

YOURE NOT DOWN!

YOURE NOT DOWN!

I BEEN DOWN

GO PLAY THAT ROME SHIT BY YOURSELF BRO

Might give you a pity post in that thread.

Unlx :lol:

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...