Isit right/wrong that mixed race people are addressed as Black?

kerser

Well he wasn't half white .Hes  quarter cast but yeah not a 100 percenter like myself .

This is the  problem when 1 over thinking and 2 accepting these bullshit lies .

Because no disrespect you are over thinking .....

Im not really going  to criticize malcolm too much because we all know what he is about but on a whole as black people we accept too much  and we can't be accepting even more bullshit ,

More brainwashing .

More lies .

Well he wasn't half white .Hes  quarter cast but yeah not a 100 percenter like myself .

You are part Caribbean right?

Very unlikely you are 100% African.

Even in Africa there are many people who don't know they are not "pure" black.

Only when you get to Central Africa can man say with more or less certainty they are pure.

• Upvote 1

@ Toney When ijm describing people and mentioning their nationality i always say their appearance/race too as people too often live in some prehistoric thought that certain races of people are only found in certain places.

I find for me it just helps with the identification process/build up a bigger/fuller picture.

Eg nowadays take football nations. England for example has black players, as do many south american, Asian, and European.  So i would say Hugo , the Black Colombian, instead of saying Colombian alone, or Abdi the black Iraqi. Anyone can be of any nationality, nationality doesn't tell you what you look like although in more obvious cases, if i say Ling the Chinese man 98%of the time he would be ethnically Chinese as well as a Chinese national.

Just thought id mention this, i even state Black Jamaican when talking specifically about Black Jamaicans as many people dont know that there are European(white), Indian and mixed Jamaicans.

You are part Caribbean right?

Very unlikely you are 100% African.

Even in Africa there are many people who don't know they are not "pure" black.

Only when you get to Central Africa can man say with more or less certainty they are pure.

I know there are plenty of caribbeans who are not pure black thats why i do not class them as pure black .

"Eg nowadays take football nations. England for example has black players, as do many south american, Asian, and European.  So i would say Hugo , the Black Colombian, instead of saying Colombian alone, or Abdi the black Iraqi.

Anyone can be of any nationality, nationality doesn't tell you what you look like"

Dont buy this . Would a black person in china be considered chinese No ?

Would a white person in india be indian ? No .

Thats why it pisses me off when i hear blacks claiming to be english or "black british"

A black person cant be english imo

its better to describe people by their nationality /heritage than race. 

people use asian, oriental, latino, arab, to describe a bunch of different people by continent

yet define 1.4billion others in Africa, North america and Europe by just white and black,. 

dumb

• Upvote 1

"Eg nowadays take football nations. England for example has black players, as do many south american, Asian, and European.  So i would say Hugo , the Black Colombian, instead of saying Colombian alone, or Abdi the black Iraqi.

Anyone can be of any nationality, nationality doesn't tell you what you look like"

Thats why it pisses me off when i hear blacks claiming to be english or "black british"

Why not? because they are not ethnically native? most white people are not ethnically native of England either. Black people are not 'native' of the Caribbean, so what do you call a black person from Jamaica? Is he not Jamaican either?

people use asian, oriental, latino, arab, to describe a bunch of different people by continent

yet define 1.4billion others in Africa, North america and Europe by just white and black,.

dumb

/Fred

dumb

True, I think a big problem aswell is the ambiguity of the word black, some use it to mean of African descent, some use it to refer to a brown skin colour.

Ironically the term coloured is probably a better term to use than black even though it sounds more offensive.

If the term coloured was the in use term then a thread like this probably wouldn't exist.

But that isn't the answer either.

I am not talking about Identity as only being made up of your racial phenotype though.

No they wouldn't be A Chinese ethically, but they maybe Chinese in terms of the culture in which they most closely resonate, are familiar with/identify with. 

Me personally, All of my Grandparents are (what you would describe as) Black (African descendants) born in Jamaica. My parents are Black Born in England during the 60s. I am Black born in London. I identify as being an Afrikan. As Jamaican. As British. As a Londoner.

I dont gravitate towards Britain/Britishness in terms of relating it to the natives of this land but more so as it in my eyes is a sum total of the diversity of peoples and cultures that have come and reside on this small island. Although not being and Islander (without offence) and not having the experience of living in Jamaica i identify with being Jamaican. Although not being born in or growing up in Africa i identify with being African. A black African born in England of Jamaican heritage.

So whilst you maybe having a conversation with someone and youre agruing that they aint British, you place race ethnicity as the top priority whilst they may not, hence some blacks in Britain resonate more with Balck british than Afri caribbean or something else.