PECKHAM

Lionel & Dave

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frank's is the bar on top of the car park but it doesn't open until the summer. Really good views of London on a sunny day.

Really there's just a little pocket of good pubs around Rye Lane station and the two clubs nearby- Bussey & Canavans up the road. Depends on your taste in music but some okay nights at both. Bar Storey, Victoria & Montpellier are good pubs but they're just pubs

Not sure why there's a hype about it all of a sudden.

pmsl so the hipstarz are moving in to narm

no way

imagine nuff cafes and bistros all along rye lane instead of 'his saving grace' type aff barbers

Been a few of those turning up along the road from Nunhead to Peckham (Nunhead Lane?) for a while now.

Tbh the crowd going the bussey and that isn't as hipsterish (is that even a word) as your average dalston hipster at the moment but it might happen I guess. I hope it doesnt.

Frank's is the bar on top of the car park but it doesn't open until the summer. Really good views of London on a sunny day.

Really there's just a little pocket of good pubs around Rye Lane station and the two clubs nearby- Bussey & Canavans up the road. Depends on your taste in music but some okay nights at both. Bar Storey, Victoria & Montpellier are good pubs but they're just pubs

Not sure why there's a hype about it all of a sudden.

cheers pal

simple review was all i was after

People want to turn it into the next Dalston.

i.e lots of young professionals,students and artists mixed with the locals. Peckham has always had those sort of people round Bellenden Road sides but not in the increased numbers that have appeared over the last two years. The big difference now is they are getting hold of places like the Bussey building and Frank's. And it does rise the impression of an area.

Even walking down the highstreet you can see a lot more 'arty' looking people around. Much more than you would have seen a couple of years ago.

Next step. All those cheap flats above the shops along Peckham Rye high street where you usually have 5-6 afghan men living in. Expect the landlords to capitalise on the sort of people wanting to move in along there. And prices to start to go up.

Gentrification will happen unfortunately.

Anything that forces monkeys into realising how no one cares about their antics and that they should sort their lives out is a good thing

this does that

so [JUELZ]I'm all for it[/JUELZ]

Dont agree with your choice of words

But I partially agree on the sentiments

Will show these kids who feel they have no hope and have no exposure to alternative life styles that is another way out there, its harder and involves less money, but its out there

Peckham smells. People are poor. Don't recommend it to anyone.

Bussey Building is filled with weirdos, bit it's cool if you like that kind of shit my ex worked there for a coupe years.

Fuck Peckham, wouldn't go back there for £100 wasted to much of my life there

Supoosed to be moving to Peckham next month, due to transfer the holding deposit tomorrow, doubts and second thoughts is an understatement.

/

And not because of this thread lol

sorry, but why are you being forced to move to a place you dont want to?