Professional Afro-Caribbean/Black Barbers London

Captain Planet

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually forgot what a barbers was meant to be like until I switched it up from the Afro shop

white man cuts my hair in 15mins get a cup of whatever while I wait he actually remembers what we spoke about last time and what I do for a living and takes pride in his work and wants your feedback etc

Nice change to the 1-2hr wait followed by my 15min trim turned into 45 cos of added nonsense like screaming at the tv, cussing out the guy in the next chair, running out the shop to chase 'gal', constant phone calls and other general bafoonary while u sit there grinning teeth because you don't want to say anything and end up with a sh*t trim.

Obviously some man love all the drama of the barber shop but I just have time for that sh*t anymore

if you can be trimmed at a regular European barbers I highly recommend it.

Black people :lol:

smh 

the whole post just sounded wrong 

When your barber spends 20-25 minutes on your trim.. you know its luv

thats standard

furthermore not plannin ur excursions to the barbers is settin up to fail

im there opening time, calling ahead, never past 12/1 even that is cutting it close tbh

n i dunno bout payin some turk or greek nigga for the skin fade even doe im 90% itll be on point

uno theyre just gunnin u non stop

• 6 months later...

Bringing up a dead post, apologies

Moved to north (near Archway) a while back but still haven't found a barber to my liking. I went to my old barber in south London for the best part of 15 years. I still do sometimes but that's not an efficient use of my time. I need someone who knows how to fade like a veteran and doesn't have a beef with men who like to keep their hairlines

Suggestions welcome...

Modernage (neville) on holloway road opposite Whittington park

Or

D&Ls on Hornsey road use 'Slider'

Good looking out. Someone else mentioned Neville. I've walked past a few times but it's always just him one in there aka a 2 hour wait for a trim. Gonna have to be an early morning trip methinks