SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD 2013

Flojo

again , united wont bid unless fabs rep has told them he's interested

LOOOL. Really?

How do you know this?

I don't believe in this era, you don't talk to the agent, player, or a reprensentative first...

If you aint then your bidding just for some sort of posturing.

Like you said, at BEST, the talks between his representative & United would have more to do with gaining leverage as opposed to ACTUALLY leaving Barcelona which is what I'm talking about.

It's a non-story in the sense that Fabregas will NOT be leaving.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mascherno is a CB

He is a destroyer, he wins the ball back and lays it off

He isn't in this conversation

It's like saying United are going to sell Kagawa but it's all good because Phil Jones is in the house

He's a CM playing CB

As for Fabregas I think even he would even admit his move back to Barca hasn't gone to plan

Mascherno is a CB

It's like saying United are going to sell Kagawa but it's all good because Phil Jones is in the house

He's a CM playing CB

As for Fabregas I think even he would even admit his move back to Barca hasn't gone to plan

At Barcelona, there are DM's & there are CM's. Not only does Mascherano fall into the former, like I said earlier, he hasn't touched their midfield in about two & a half years. In a Barcelona shirt, especially with their lack of quality defenders, that boy is a CB. 

/

I think in terms of general contribution, you're right but pretty sure he was prepared for the decrease in playing time. Constantly talked about the challenges he would face in interviews when he first joined & having to be patient to become key player for Barcelona.

again , united wont bid unless fabs rep has told them he's interested

LOOOL. Really?

How do you know this?

I don't believe in this era, you don't talk to the agent, player, or a reprensentative first...

If you aint then your bidding just for some sort of posturing.

Like you said, at BEST, the talks between his representative & United would have more to do with gaining leverage as opposed to ACTUALLY leaving Barcelona which is what I'm talking about.

It's a non-story in the sense that Fabregas will NOT be leaving.

no1 knows,again united could of enquired about fabregas and his availability, barca may of said they are willing to listen

i just dont think united would bid unless they had unless they had an idea of his availability (thats the norm when top teams deal with other top teams)

I'm not saying he will play there for Barca but he is a CM It will always be his best position

Look at Javi Martinez. He played at the back for Athletic but it didn't make him a CB. He was still a CM as he is playing now

No-one's disputing where he best plays. Up until Busquets evolved the position, Mascherano was the best DM in the world.

Just saying, for Barcelona, he's a CB thus in terms of midfield personnel when we talk about them, he shouldn't come up in the conversation.

Juventus coach Antonio Conte has revealed that the club have reluctantly accepted a bid from Sunderland for playmaker Emanuele Giaccherini.

The reigning Serie A champions had been hoping to see the Italy international winger remain in Turin, but concede that they cannot offer him the opportunities he craves.

Taking that into account, they are prepared to discuss a transfer with Sunderland.

The Black Cats have been busy bolstering their ranks this summer, with seven deals already tied up, and Giaccherini would represent another shrewd piece of business for Paolo Di Canio.

Conte wishes the 28-year-old well and accepts that sales must be sanctioned if his own side are to strengthen during the current window.

He said: "Giaccherini was valued, they offered him an important contract.

"I'm happy for him but unhappy for me.

"I'm not happy with the sale of Giaccherini but in times of crisis when you buy you must also make sacrifices."

good player imo

will do alrite at sunderland

I think a lot of you are forgetting this is a World Cup year...

Cesc waiting for Xavi or Iniesta's legs to fall, only hampers Cesc.

As if everyone stays fit this year, he'll struggle for game time, other than rotation minutes.

and it ain't just about Barcelona, its not like Spain are short of players like him, so he has to play, being at Barcelona alone is not good enough, something Villa understands.

Barc have been linked to Valbuena.

Like I said in the Arsenal thread, Cesc should just go Arsenal on loan for a year.

Best option for him imo 

loool dreaming

@ Barca, Mascherano is a CB. Only thing that would change that would be Busquets and Song being injured/suspended at the same time

/

BARÇA COUNTING ON YOUNG ACADEMY PLAYER

Thiago, thy name is Sergi Roberto

In the Camp Nou, Thiago is now just a memory. After Bayern announced that it would be taking the player away from them, Barcelona immediately set to work looking for someone to fill his boots. And they have found him in a 21 year-old player called Sergi Roberto.

Thiago's leaving came as a surprise to nobody at Barcelona. The club last season was well aware of the terms and conditions within the player's contract, and made sure that he didn't play the number of matches which would have automatically activated the €90 million rescission clause.

To some this decision was a mistake, to others a strategic master-stroke to put the player out for sale. What is definitely clear is that the club hardly moved a finger to stop him going.

The higher-ups at Barça knew that there would be a club happy to take Thiago off their hands. In the end it proved to be Bayern, clearly aware of the player's situation, as the midfielder's agent is none other than Pere, Guardiola's brother.

Barcelona was quite calm about the whole affair because it had an ace up its sleeve in the name of Sergi Roberto. The management are counting on the young player, convinced that he will be a key figure in next season's project. Technically he is very proficient; he creates danger well, and possesses great tactical discipline. This last trait something that Thiago lacked.

For this reason, Sergi's agent, José María Orobitg, was always told that the player would continue in the first team, that they didn't want to sell him, nor even loan him out, given Alcántara elder's possible exit.

Tito Vilanova will have a very well-balanced set-up regarding his right and left wings. He has four players for the two positions (Iniesta, Xavi, Cesc and Sergi Roberto) to share the playing time out among them.

Years ago, people on the blogs said Thiago's younger brother was better than him (but they always say this), true Porchy?

Nah Rafinha isn't better than Thiago not even close

Thiago is too good

He has the swagger of Deco 2003-2006

Jonathan Dos Santos he is ok at best

Mascherno is a CB

He's a CM playing CB

BUt we are talking about Barcelona

And his role at Barcelona, is a CB

Fabregas role has been a forward / false 9 / number 10 / playmaker

I don't know where Mascherno even comes into this discussion