SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD 2013

Flojo

Yeah they beat Tottenham and drew with Chelsea. Thats Impressive.

Putting 6 past Newcastle away? Take away Newcastle had a shocker, was in horrendous form, still f*ck it, yeah its impressive.

But losing to Southampton, drawing with West Ham and Reading - goalless against Reading's defence? Lol.

The shining light for Liverpool is Coutinho, without doubt. I've told you I dont know about January transfers, so lets see how he does over 9 months, if he shows what he has been then they will improve, but top 4?  :rofl: If so some teams, and some managers definitely f*cked up.

and I've watched Liverpool all pre-season.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everything in pre season is about liverpool they usually disappear in september tho and come back june

• Upvote 1

"The only thing I can say about the stories is I am not going to comment because everybody has speculated a lot. There are some different stories, some which are not true, with people inventing without knowledge of what is going on.

"The only thing I can tell you is the player is under the treatment of the medical department for this pain in the foot which is disturbing him.

"He has been called up for his national team [for a friendly match against the Republic of Ireland], our medical department is going to be in contact with the Wales medical department to make sure they have everything available in terms of giving information on how the player has been doing in these last weeks.

"The only thing we can do is make information available to the Welsh FA. If he gets to a fixture available to play it is because he hasn't felt pain. He is training on his own so there is a possibility he makes a recovery."

The Spurs manager, though, accepted it was unlikely Bale would be in contention to face Crystal Palace in their Premier League opener next weekend.

He added: "If we manage to recover the player, but obviously he is far, far off fitness regarding what the others have done. It is three weeks since he played for Tottenham so I wouldn't expect him to play for us."

Villas-Boas insisted the frenzied speculation surrounding Bale's future had not been allowed to impact the squad's pre-season build-up.

"It has not affected us in any shape or form. We have continued our preparation," said Villas-Boas, who expects to complete the signing of Toulouse midfielder Etienne Capoue in an £8m deal early next week.

"What we have to recognise is five weeks gone by since (we started) buying and selling, but we haven't been able to train with all the team together because Paulinho and Soldado only arrived last week.

"There will be more players to arrive and more players to leave. At the moment we are a team in prospect.

Villas-Boas added: "We still have lots of things to do. The last week in the transfer window can be surprising.

"I can't tell you we have stopped in the transfer market because we haven't, this means players coming in and players going out.

"We will continue to re-strengthen ourselves, but what we have at the moment is a very strong squad either way, one that puts us in a good position to get the three points at Palace."

• Upvote 1

If Bale tries to be cheeky and plays for Wales, he's gone.

If we sell Bale for 85+ mil + Morata 

and invest it in, Lamela/Willian,   Pjanic/Eriksen   Coentrao/Top LB  Any young CB + Capoue 

I would be happy with that and we can try and do something this season.

and when they beat us it felt worse than loosing to wigan, they were absolutely shocking, Dembele was beasting there 4 midfielders from left wing and they had no answers. We put the victory on a plate for them... was probably our worse loss of the season considering how terrible they were against our makeshift team.

any when they beat us it felt worse than loosing to wigan, they were absolutely shocking, Dembele was beasting there 4 midfielders from left wing and they had no answers. We put the victory on a plate for them... was probably our worse loss of the season considering how terrible they were against our makeshift team.

Two fucking idiots cost us that game.  We were comfortably in control of the game until Walker went into self destruction for no reason.   Then the one time JD tracks back he volleys it back into our area :/

• Upvote 2

Guest Diddybob

And it was their highlight of the season

Why would it be the highlight of our season?

Spurs are irrelevant to us and to most people in football, only rivalry you've had in the last 20 years is with Arsenal and that is the most one sided rivalry in the country.

Irrelevant because you are competing with the likes of Fulham and Swansea :rofl:

one step at a time lad.

• Upvote 2

Guest Diddybob

You haven't really made a mark in English football, you'll always be around the top 6 but you club doesn't have the potential to go beyond that, sorry g.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

Best training facilities in the league, well run, lowest wage bill in the top 6, new stadium in development. best group of young players weve had in decades. best team weve had in decades, top quality manager.

no potential? seen.

you on them drugs again lahi?

yeah on a mad one with stewart this weekend 

:Y:

good lad

Andy Carroll was a catastrophe but his club honours with us match up to that of any Spurs player of the last 20 years - just think about that before talking that smack.

Safe.