SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD 2013

Flojo

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vilanova: "It's not true I only asked for Thiago Silva. I like him, but if he doesn't come, there are other options. We need a centre back."

Vilanova: "We believe a lot in Sergi Roberto for this season. Centre forward as plan B? We don't plan to sign any forward."

Zubizarreta: "We have very high hopes of Deulofeu and Rafinha. We want to see if they can do at great clubs what they did at the B-team."

Zubizarreta (director): "We're not counting as much on the academy? Thiago left and Sergi Roberto takes his place, think it says enough."

Vilanova: "I don't mind Thiago joining Pep at Bayern, I mind him leaving us. I like him, asked him to stay, but the competition is tough."

Vilanova: "The idea for the rest of the transfer window is that we sign another centre back and that Dos Santos and Afellay leave on loan."

Zubizarreta (sports director): "We would also want Cuenca to leave on loan, we want to see him play."

Vilanova: "Bartra has to work hard to get more playing time, he has to win us over on training.

Zubizarreta (sports director): "Agent Marquinhos talking about an offer? It's not true there's an offer, but he's an interesting player."

Vilanova: "Ancelotti is a great coach. He has won trophies in Italy, England and France. He'll add a lot to Spanish football."

Vilanova: "Thiago said he wants to leave, it's his wish. Cesc on the other hand said he wants to triumph here. You want players like that"

Reports that Arsenal are entitled to 50% of the transfer fee if Cesc Fabregas moves from Barcelona to Manchester United are wide of the mark, a source has told ESPN.

On Monday, United tabled a €30 million bid for the former Gunners midfielder, and are awaiting a response from the Spanish champions.

ESPN understands their initial approach about a possible deal for the 26-year-old Spain midfielder, made last month, encouraged them that agreement could be reached.

With an official bid now in place, Barcelona are obliged to inform Arsenal and offer them the chance to re-sign their former captain.

The Gunners are entitled to buy Fabregas at a set fee, believed to be around the same as the figure United have offered.

Should they decline to do so, they would receive 50% of any profit Barcelona make on his transfer. A deal anywhere near the €30 million mark is unlikely to yield any dividends.

With Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger giving no indication that he is eager to bring Fabregas back to North London, United believe they can succeed in their bid to sign him.

Early last month, Old Trafford ambassador Denis Irwin suggested United "would move heaven and earth" to sign Fabregas - but many hurdles remain to be overcome in order for a deal to go through.

It is unclear whether Fabregas would be open to a move to Manchester two years after completing his return to Barcelona, the club where he started his career.

However, the presence of former Arsenal team-mate Robin van Persie at Old Trafford may encourage him to move to Manchester, while the possibility of not playing week in, week out at the Camp Nou in a World Cup season may be another factor.

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/221765.html#Hy7BuH3KKsdupHQC.99 

Guest Diddybob

LOL

By etc. do you mean Anderson and the Da Silva?

Kenyon ruined Dinho's transfer, Lucas said Thiago Silva convinced him plus PSG offered more money and for Thiago it was a chance to work with Guardiola again.

And go back and watch our football in 2008 when we played with Ronaldo, Tevez and Rooney upfront interchanging and tell me that was rigid, effective football.

Nah even then your football was wildly built on the counter attack.

Ferguson is a simple manager, always played 442, or 441, thus meaning your type of football hasn't always been responsive to those type of players.

Contrast that with a team like Arsenal in the early 00's, big difference but different strokes for different folks ey.

Let's all pray that's true.

I wouldn't watch the first game if I was you

Wilfred boney hat trick

• Upvote 3

Guest Diddybob

f*ck THIS TRANSFER WINDOW

MOST DRAGGED OUT ANNOYING ONE EVER

AND ITS ONLY JULY

IM NOT PAYING ATTENTION TO ANY OF THIS sh*t TILL THE FIRST PL GAME / SOME CONCRETE NEWS ON SKY

English league is losing its pulling power.

We're looking moist out here.

Wont lie the more we bid on these players and them rejecting us is making us look like SHIT.

Looking like that butters chick in the rave no 1 wants to dance with but in the end gets someone cause there is no-one else. ( 2 sign for)

Disgrace 

We got natural pulling power yea but not Barca/Bayern Levels .We need a stellar name even a united team that boasts fabregas is still like "yeah whatever"

• Upvote 1

Sky sources understand Wayne Rooney is unhappy at Manchester United and is looking to leave.

Sources close to Rooney claim the 27-year-old England international striker is "angry and confused" about his treatment by the club.

Reporter Kaveh Solhekol told Sky Sports News: "Rooney believes he is at the peak of his career and has no intention of becoming a squad rotation player or by playing second fiddle to anyone at Old Trafford.

"He believes he has nothing left to prove after nine successful seasons - yet that is what is being suggested by reports in the media which have interpreted the club's statement as meaning he's currently on trial for the coming season.

"Since he's returned from the pre-season tour due to injury, Rooney has been in touch with the club and spoken to David Moyes on the phone - he is angry and confused at the way he's been treated."

Rooney has been linked with a transfer to both Arsenal and Chelsea in recent weeks and it is understood he is open to the idea of moving to London from the North West.

He also expects to be fit for the start of the new season despite flying home from Bangkok last week due to a hamstring problem.

Rooney has two years left on his current contract at Old Trafford but new chief executive Ed Woodward revealed at the weekend that an extension is not on United's agenda.

Woodward said: "No contract renewals are being discussed. I am not sitting down with any player on an extension and there is no trigger date in the diary.

"Would we be afraid to run a contract down? Of course not."

United manager David Moyes still sees Rooney as a key member of his squad, but he said at the weekend: "Overall, my thought on Wayne is, if for any reasons we had an injury to Robin van Persie, we'll need him.

"Wayne can play up on his own, he can play dropped in. It's going to be a time to see how I work with Wayne.

"Manchester United isn't about Wayne Rooney. Manchester United is about the team - the club.

"I won't allow Wayne Rooney to become more important than the football club and the football team, because that's the heart of it."

/

This is happening isn't it.

Them FM bars there.

Sky sources understand Wayne Rooney is unhappy at Manchester United and is looking to leave.

Sources close to Rooney claim the 27-year-old England international striker is "angry and confused" about his treatment by the club.

Reporter Kaveh Solhekol told Sky Sports News: "Rooney believes he is at the peak of his career and has no intention of becoming a squad rotation player or by playing second fiddle to anyone at Old Trafford.

"He believes he has nothing left to prove after nine successful seasons - yet that is what is being suggested by reports in the media which have interpreted the club's statement as meaning he's currently on trial for the coming season.

"Since he's returned from the pre-season tour due to injury, Rooney has been in touch with the club and spoken to David Moyes on the phone - he is angry and confused at the way he's been treated."

Rooney has been linked with a transfer to both Arsenal and Chelsea in recent weeks and it is understood he is open to the idea of moving to London from the North West.

He also expects to be fit for the start of the new season despite flying home from Bangkok last week due to a hamstring problem.

Rooney has two years left on his current contract at Old Trafford but new chief executive Ed Woodward revealed at the weekend that an extension is not on United's agenda.

Woodward said: "No contract renewals are being discussed. I am not sitting down with any player on an extension and there is no trigger date in the diary.

"Would we be afraid to run a contract down? Of course not."

United manager David Moyes still sees Rooney as a key member of his squad, but he said at the weekend: "Overall, my thought on Wayne is, if for any reasons we had an injury to Robin van Persie, we'll need him.

"Wayne can play up on his own, he can play dropped in. It's going to be a time to see how I work with Wayne.

"Manchester United isn't about Wayne Rooney. Manchester United is about the team - the club.

"I won't allow Wayne Rooney to become more important than the football club and the football team, because that's the heart of it."

/

This is happening isn't it.

Them FM bars there.

• Upvote 1