2Wheels2Day - My new business idea

Lethaldabizzle2008

Yeah i did a bit of research and there was quite a big company called Pedal Express you might have heard of them but from what i can tell they have just sold out to a big environmentally friendly ups type company. So maybe i can take the market that they once had. Yeah low start up costs, i already have the bikes and the man power so just need to circulate and get the name out there, im gonna push it as much as i can when the website has been finished.

i was a c*nt yday maybe this is possible but i doubt it

itd all depend on marketing n u securing the daily drops so u wana kno how ur gona advertise and who ur gonna target

the markets saturated - everyone who needs 1 will already have a preferred courier so ur gona have to compete on price

its a low margin high volume business n i dont really see how ur gonna compete with the countless existing national n internationals, especially the eco friendly bicycle 1s

plus the fact uve named urself after lethal b, thought of an idea n immediately made a fbook page beggin for likes like its relevant annnd uve posted ur name, address and number on vip2, all leads me to believe ur not cut out to be a logistical kingpin

ur gonna have to go to them, no1s gonna see ur fbook page or website cos no1s looking for it

ur logo is shit aswell

this mcdonalds delivery thing on the other hand would be a piece of piss

check out these lads from leeds 1, they do maccies, kfc n nandos

http://one-delivery.co.uk/about-us/

jus opened n i kno they'll be smashing it

promoted through fbook n targeting student areas with flyers it will create its own buzz, would work in notts nicely

if i had the time id copy this in every city in the country before they do

Yeah i did a bit of research and there was quite a big company called Pedal Express you might have heard of them but from what i can tell they have just sold out to a big environmentally friendly ups type company. So maybe i can take the market that they once had. Yeah low start up costs, i already have the bikes and the man power so just need to circulate and get the name out there, im gonna push it as much as i can when the website has been finished.

they bein bought out doesnt mean they're going to abandon their customers

juc checked for u - 10,000 UK searches for bicycle couriers a month, competition is 'high'

searches are a fifth of what they were 9 years ago

Guest chap44uns

that fast food ting is good but how you meant to offer a salary to your drivers and still make profit?

or do they really get that much orders a day?

that fast food ting is good but how you meant to offer a salary to your drivers and still make profit?

or do they really get that much orders a day?

there a lot of students in leeds, some proper out the way in campus's / its a young affluent kind of city

i imagine they're doin nicely 

its jus a few lads as far as i kno i dont think they're handing out jobs

also, indians

@kerser they'd have sorted it out with the companies / franchisees i guess

Guest chap44uns

Delivery Drivers Wanted. This is for everyone who responded to the driver vacancy on Friday.

Required to work Fri - Sun 5pm - 10.30pm & Sat/Sun 8am - 10.30am.

Rate of pay is fixed depending on amount of deliveries:

£35.00 per night when you do 6 deliveries (min 6 required)

£40.00 per night if you do 7-10 deliveries

£45.00 per night if you do 10-15 deliveries

£50.00 per night if you do more than 15 deliveries.

Sat & Sun morning shifts are paid at £9.00 per hour.

You must have your own car.

If you are interested and are able to work the above shifts this week please inbox me so we can discuss further.

Is there any of my followers or followers friends who are looking for a job? We are looking for self employed drivers to work Thurs-Sun 5pm - 10.30pm. Existing drivers earn approx £9-£10 p/hr.

Please inbox me for info. Immediate starts/trials.

Thanks

from there facebook

looks like there seriously killing it

/

but something tells me this is only working in di whaite areas

i cant see jermaine or ali reza paying £5 for a mc'ds delievery

Must have minimum orders I take it?

How much for delivery?

How far do they travel?

Surely if it becomes too profitable Nandos/Maccyd's will just start to do it themselves

/

Dunno why it says own a car, if theres traffic thats long, best to use a ped

Because it will probably be them rush hour times you can't be asked to go out and get stuck in traffic or find parking etc

Guest chap44uns
McDonalds Individual Items
  • Cheeseburger Cheeseburger

Quantity
    Add Special Instructions

• Double Cheese burger Double Cheese burger

• Medium fries Medium fries

• Large Fries Large Fries

• McFurry Put preferred flavour in special instructions

• Milkshake Please state preferred flavour(s) in special instructions

pmsl

i..............see

it wont be great money yet but if they take over the country they're laughin

secure national deals with all the main contenders, maybe spread into europe

traffic aint a big problem everywhere tbh n how much shit can u fit under a ped seat

there's always the risk the food places can start a delivery service themselves but there'll be reasons why they havn't already gone down that route, might not be profitable enough for the individual companies as 1 centralised service

might be easier to sit back and let these lot increase their revenue for em

i was a c*nt yday maybe this is possible but i doubt it

itd all depend on marketing n u securing the daily drops so u wana kno how ur gona advertise and who ur gonna target

the markets saturated - everyone who needs 1 will already have a preferred courier so ur gona have to compete on price

its a low margin high volume business n i dont really see how ur gonna compete with the countless existing national n internationals, especially the eco friendly bicycle 1s

plus the fact uve named urself after lethal b, thought of an idea n immediately made a fbook page beggin for likes like its relevant annnd uve posted ur name, address and number on vip2, all leads me to believe ur not cut out to be a logistical kingpin

ur gonna have to go to them, no1s gonna see ur fbook page or website cos no1s looking for it

ur logo is sh*t aswell

this mcdonalds delivery thing on the other hand would be a piece of piss

check out these lads from leeds 1, they do maccies, kfc n nandos

http://one-delivery.co.uk/about-us/

jus opened n i kno they'll be smashing it

promoted through fbook n targeting student areas with flyers it will create its own buzz, would work in notts nicely

if i had the time id copy this in every city in the country before they do

As i said before this facebook page aint a ting it was just get out there see how many like i can get see what people think and the feedback has been excellent, the website is currently being made which is gonna be full of prices and the areas in which we can work plus a nice little bit about us and blah blah its gonna be real proffesional looking. and as for putting my name on here i aint bothered. that aint my address thats the residence of business just happens to be someones house. Im gonna be targeting a specific market that i have worked in before so hopefuly it will work and i will be showing you guys proper signs of progression in a few months time. its all work in progress. as for my logo being shit, thats just your opinion, othere people think its great. 

The market may also be saturated but you underestimate the power of negotiation. As long as we can make a living for a while by securing them daily, weekly, monthly contracts then i can get my name out there even more. 

everyone starts somewhere.

How much  £ Pedal Express sell up for??

just wondering

Guest chap44uns

dont be put off, ive start small bizs, failed and learnt a shitload

in this day and age when info is so free no one has an excuse not to have a few projects going

what biz was it that you failed at?

and why did you deem it as 'failed'? or why did you give it up?

• Downvote 1

yh keep at it and drop the '2day'

dont be put off, ive start small bizs, failed and learnt a shitload

in this day and age when info is so free no one has an excuse not to have a few projects going

Yeah when i first started it it was just 2Wheels. But then all domain names with just 2Wheels were gone so 2Wheels 2Day came up.

By the way i have a meeting with halfords next week about them sponsoring me with bikes and trailers i hit them up with some emails that pished about me being pro-green etc. they seemed to lap it up!