Why would Pep be gutted for?

:/

Taking over from Ferguson after all these years

Taking over from Heynckes after a couple seasons

Come on man, too early for this

Taking over Bayern

Taking over Man Utd

This is Bayern not any basic English club

I know Bayern are one of the biggest clubs in the world and have known that since BP

:/

But its the context of it, which your being ignorant too as usual

Dwight Yorke, who won the treble with Manchester United, has added his tribute to the retiring Sir Alex Ferguson and said:

He has taken the football world by surprise in retiring. Rumours have been strong around the place that he would retire so this decision needed to come out really quickly. His hip operation would need time to recover and I think this has pushed him towards retirement. He has very high standards and it is all about winning trophies and breaking records. The way they lost the Premier League last season will have hurt him immensely and he wanted to win it back - and he's done it in great style. I just feel it is the right time for him to go.

Paul Ince has had his say on Sir Alex Ferguson's retirement and said

I was totally shocked. What he has done is unbelievable. He has done the lot. You will never see anyone of his kind again. It's come as a massive shock he's going to retire at the end of the season. The way he treated me was like a son and I'll never forget that. Yes we had our ups and downs but the man has been immense.

DAVID BECKHAM: The impact that he has with the team and the impact that he has with the players and fans - I don't think there is anyone around in football that has had that impact ever.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/15580808

A young Sir Alex Ferguson talks about his excitement at becoming manager of Manchester United from Scottish Premier League side Aberdeen back in November 1986.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/american-football/22273913

Manchester United director Sir Bobby Charlton describes Sir Alex Ferguson as "the greatest manager there has ever been" in the wake of the club's 13th Premier League title under the Scot last month.

Former England manager Graham Taylor says Ferguson's achievements will not be surpassed, and current national boss Roy Hodgson admits "we would all like to know what the secret is".

Former Manchester United midfielder Paddy Crerand tells BBC Radio 5 live: "I was down at Old Trafford yesterday and there was no hint of this happening. I am stunned by it. There was talk on the bookies closing shop on David Moyes and I thought that was just the usual made up stuff.

"The problem is that Alex has a great staff there and he admits that is one of the reasons he has been successful. Usually a guy comes in and wants his own people in. Is that going to happen?

"Who are the top managers out there or will they keep it within the club? I was at Manchester United when Matt Busby retired and all the talk was about how he was the dominant force. I thought that was created from outside. I don't think that was a problem."

Former Manchester United defender Clayton Blackmore tells BBC Radio 5 live: "It comes with a heavy heart. We have heard the rumours and the papers speculating, and I didn't want to believe it as he has done such a fantastic job and we wanted to keep him there.

"He deserves his time to sit back and enjoy what he has done. It is going to be emotional on Sunday. I'm sure the manager knows who will replace him and he will have his say. It would not surprise me if David Moyes takes over."

Ian Stirling, of the Independent Man United Supporters Association, tells the BBC News channel: "What you have is a large proportion of the crowd who only know Sir Alex Ferguson as the manager.

"They don't remember the past managers. It is going to be an interesting time for these supporters. Older Reds like myself remember the transitional periods and it can be dangerous times."

Manchester United co-chairman Joel Glazer says: "Alex has proven time and time again what a fantastic manager he is but he's also a wonderful person. His determination to succeed and dedication to the club have been truly remarkable.

"I will always cherish the wonderful memories he has given us, like that magical night in Moscow."

Manchester United chief executive David Gill says: "I've had the tremendous pleasure of working very closely with Alex for 16 unforgettable years - through the treble, the double, countless trophy wins and numerous signings.

"We knew that his retirement would come one day and we both have been planning for it by ensuring the quality of the squad and club structures are in first-class condition.

"Alex's vision, energy and ability have built teams - both on and off the pitch - that his successor can count on as among the best and most loyal in world sport."

Manchester United co-chairman Avie Glazer says: "I am delighted to announce that Alex has agreed to stay with the club as a director.

"His contributions to Manchester United over the last 26 years have been extraordinary and, like all United fans, I want him to be a part of its future.

But I'm slightly excited.

Hopefully we finally sort out the midfield

Nani and Anderson hopefully given one more season to have an impact

If we do get Moyes.....

Fellaini.jpg

---------------CARRICK-----FELLANI------------------

---------------------------KAGAWA---------------------

PLEASEEEE

Guess you stil dont want to win the Champions League

LEGEND

SALUTE

BUT

HE OF ALLLLL PEOPLE KNOWS, ITS TIME TO GO

EMOTIONAL

lol @ thinking of ALLLL THINGS we aint got the most secure plan in place possible

we got this, mad excited at the same time

moyes would surely mean rooney has to leave

Feel like am holding back the tears at a f*cking funeral. Can't even imagine someone else managing us. Hopefully he will be sat up in them stands next to Charlton etc looking on though.

That'll help the next man in the job in a similar way Sir Matt did when he stepped down.

In the summer after Whelen was shooting his mouth off somebody told me that in a year both Gill and Fergie would be gone. It made sense as since 2005 they've covered each other backs and have made the job easier for each other. I expected Gill to leave as be wants a UEFA and FA job but didn't expect Fergie to go just yet.

100% moyes then

would rather rafa