TV

QDOT0zn.png

Saturday 8:30pm

'O Clássico'

FC Porto      Benfica

297.png  vs 299.png

Team News

FC Porto

• Alex Sandro is fit again for FC Porto after sitting out the 3-1 win over Nacional, meaning Abdoulaye Ba will be dropped to the bench.
  • Vitor Pereira looks set to name the same starting XI other than that for the welcome of Benfica, meaning Jackson Martinez, James Rodríguez and Silvestre Valera will lead the attacking line.
  • Nicolás Otamendi is one booking away from a suspension, but the Porto manager has no fresh injury concerns ahead of the top of the table clash.

Benfica

• Lorenzo Melgarejo started the 1-1 draw with Estoril, but will likely make way for Andre Almeida as Maxi Pereira shifts to left back.
  • Jorge Jesus has been sweating on the fitness of Enzo Pérez this week, but the midfielder looks set to be fit for the trip to Porto and will likely be partnered by Nemanja Matic in the middle of the park.
  • Carlos Martins is suspended following his dismissal last weekend, but Benfica have injury worries ahead of the encounter.

Match Facts

• Porto are undefeated in their last 44 home matches in Liga Sagres. 
  • Porto have scored at least 2 goals in 29 of their last 33 home matches in Liga Sagres. 
  • Benfica are undefeated in their last 32 matches in Liga Sagres. 
  • Porto have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 6 matches against Benfica in all competitions. 
  • Porto have scored at least 2 goals in their last 6 matches against Benfica in all competitions. 
  • Benfica have scored at least 2 goals in 8 of their last 9 away matches in Liga Sagres. 
  • Benfica have scored at least 2 goals in their last 4 matches against Porto in all competitions.
  • Both teams remain undefeated in the Liga Sagres this term and the victor here will likely go on to secure the title in the penultimate round.

Benfica lead the way with a two point gap between themselves and FC Porto, but will be without the influential Carlos Martins following his red card against Estoril.

Porto have a fully fit squad to choose from for the top of the table clash and will look to make home form count having dropped points at the Estádio do Dragão just once in the league this season.

Pedro Proença took charge of 'O Clássico' last season at the Estádio da Luz and after handing Porto a controversial goal, could be the centre of attention in the highly charged affair that is likely to see both Porto and Benfica maintain their unbeaten run in the Liga Sagres.

I think he should be given the summer to do his thing regardless. If he was sacked i would have no complaints.

It hasn't been good

Failing to see the point of the badge change tbh, someone's trolling but you know someone got paid smh

Yeah, he don't really like Jan transfer window so gotta give him the summer really, was an awful time Dougie left so can't really blame the moral change on him, he'll come good I reckon.

But Palace will get promoted...

I like Mancini but he is shit in europe

will win trophies 

but needs to learn about sat/tues sun/wed

Mancini is horrible

I don't even know why your shaking your head

He is a embrassament of a manager

Tactically inept and very bad man management

I thought Mourinho's brand of football was pathetic

As for his record in Europe SNM

MK don't be naive

Mancini as a manager = Flat track bully

I realised this years back when he was at Inter, something along the lines of he can use his superior squad/resources to bludgeon the weaker teams domestically over the course of the year but lacks the attention to detail & calmness to make critical moves within games against high-quality opposition.

If this was BP I would understand so there is no excuse to defend this pathetic manager