WhatsApp

JOHN DOE

Is what's app new update good?

yea its decent

Am getting new Samsung so hopefully that will have it?

it should do cuz

Whatsapp like Facebook messenger now?

na much bettr

Think the calls are free?

yh free

Are whatsapp calls free?

like i said, free bro

Why Is She Calling you?

u tell us mate

Why does SHE have your number??

fuck do i knw g

He had two whatsapp?

yh i would assume so cuz

• Upvote 4

Is what's app new update good? Haven't seen update on iPhone yet. Am getting new Samsung so hopefully that will have it?

Whatsapp like Facebook messenger now? You can call like that. Think the calls are free? Are whatsapp calls free? Not that I care, just curious.

A girl I wanted to move to tears ago tried call me off Facebook message when my mother in law was using my phone the other day.

Nearly fucked my sh*t up. Wifey and the mum was like Why Is She Calling you? Why does SHE have your number??

F*cked how Facebook allows anyone to call you.

People have what's app on phones with no sim in I think, wife's friend cussed out get man over it. He had two whatsapp?

how many fuckin questions u want answered?

nonsense

:rofl: :ROFL:

• Upvote 1

When The Book Of Face decided to add messenger calling and one ting dialled me after minimal chat via inbox I deleted my account. 

Not deactivate.

DELETE.

F**k that. Social media making access and the most sacred of things exposed. Like putting in everyone's Instagram activities tab when you've liked a picture or written a comment. 

Instagram had to get deleted too.

Hmmm I wonder what the mobile data amount would be needed for this if you was out n about...no issue if u was on wifi obviously.

As someone has said though, they have just pissed all over the international calling card industry. I swear you have to pay for Skype calls??

• Upvote 1

Hmmm I wonder what the mobile data amount would be needed for this if you was out n about...no issue if u was on wifi obviously.

As someone has said though, they have just pissed all over the international calling card industry. I swear you have to pay for Skype calls??

Sounds good

They've instantly wiped out the need for international sim cards in one fell swoop.

Genius.

Didn't Skype do that already?

No

The mobile usage of whatsapp far outweighs the mobile usage of Skype. Do you understand the concept of market share?

That doesn't matter, Skype has done this for years before and that's why people use it.

Yes more people have whatsapp on their phones, but of those people who are using it to call overseas.

Now compare that to the number of people that use Skype to call oversea.

Number of monthly active WhatsApp users worldwide from April 2013 to January 2015 (in millions)

This statistic shows a timeline with the amount of monthly active WhatsApp users worldwide as of January 2015. As of that month, the mobile messaging app announced more than 700 million monthly active users, up from over 400 million in December 2013. The service is one of the most popular mobile apps worldwide.

WhatsApp

WhatsApp is a cross-platform instant messaging service for smartphones that relies on the internet for the transmission of messages. Based on a low-cost subscription model, WhatsApp is a cheap alternative to carrier-billed text messaging via SMS, especially for international or group messaging. The mobile messaging app enables users to share text, image and video messages – the service handles more than 600 million photo and 64 billion overall messages every day. In the United States, the daily engagement rate among Android WhatsApp users was 36 percent.

WhatsApp is especially popular in markets outside the United States while facing strong competition from Asia-based social messenger apps such as WeChat, LINE or Kakaotalk. WhatsApp’s popularity in emerging mobile markets is not only based on their low-cost business model but on many of its features.

In February 2014, social network Facebook acquired WhatsApp for 19 billion U.S. dollars.

/

It’s no surprise that AIM and Yahoo Messenger are collapsing, with unique visitor counts declining by about 30-40% year on year, according to comScore. But it is fascinating that Skype (-12%) and Google Talk (-15%) are now losing ground now. There is no doubt that Facebook’s messaging system is one major factor in the desktop messaging decline. Yet it’s hard to avoid the notion that the rapidly multiplying messaging apps on smartphones are the biggest headache for Skype right now.

Onavo’s engagement data also shows Skype stalling when smartphone usage is measured. The share of iPhone users actively engaging with the Skype app slid from 16.7% to 16.5% in five months. In contrast, the WhatsApp engagement moved up from 7.6% to 8.9% over the same time frame. Viber inched up from 4.6% to 5.2% and Kik jumped from 3.7% to 4.7%. This shows that consumers are willing to go beyond Apple’s own messaging system in order to gain access to cross-platform messaging on iPhone. They just don’t see Skype as a very compelling option right now.

/

WhatsApp Leads The Global Smartphone Messenger Wars With 44 Percent Market Share

A new survey by On Device Research shows that WhatsApp is leading the global mobile messenger (for Android and iOS devices) wars with a 44 percent market share followed by Facebook Messenger at a distant second (market share of 35 percent). The survey was conducted in US, China, Brazil, South Africa and Indonesia and 3,759 Android and iOS smartphone owners have participated in the survey.

WhatsApp-Leads-The-Global-Mobile-Messeng

Mobile-Messenger-Market-Share-By-Country

WhatsAppFacebookWeChat-Market-Share-By-C

• 8 months later...

been down all day