Woolwich Beheading

One of the two men held on suspicion of killing a soldier Lee Rigby in Woolwich was arrested in Kenya in 2010, the Foreign Office has confirmed.

It said it gave consular assistance to Michael Adebolajo "as normal" in the circumstances.

He was believed to have been preparing to fight with Somali militant group al-Shabab, a Kenyan government spokesman told the BBC, and was later deported.

Police probing the murder have arrested a 22-year-old man in north London.

The arrest in the Highbury Grove area, on suspicion of conspiracy to murder, brings the total number currently being held in the case to six.

Community event

Members of Mr Rigby's family have visited the scene of the killing, laying flowers at Woolwich Barracks where the 25-year-old drummer with the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers was based.

They hugged and comforted each other as they looked at some of the many thousands of floral tributes that have been left in his memory, before crossing the road to look at the spot where he was attacked in the street.

Several hundred people gathered at the scene a few hours later, some chanting Mr Rigby's name and waving Help for Heroes flags.

The Met Police said it was a planned community event in which a group of people intended to lay a wreath.

A small group of English Defence League members also joined the crowd, prompting organisers to complain that their plans had been "hijacked".

The Kenyan government had previously denied that Mr Adebolajo had ever visited the country, but spokesman Muthui Kariuki said there had been some confusion as he was arrested under a different name.

In video footage of his court appearance which emerged on Sunday, Mr Adebolajo is heard to say: "These people are mistreating us, we are innocent."

Mr Kariuki told the BBC World Service's Focus on Africa programme that Mr Adebolajo was then handed over to "British security officers" when it emerged he was a UK citizen.

BBC News East Africa correspondent Gabriel Gatehouse says Mr Adebolajo was detained in late November 2010 on an island off the coast of Kenya, near the Somalia border.

But our correspondent says the Kenyan government does not believe he ever reached Somalia.

Islamist insurgent group al-Shabab is affiliated to al-Qaeda and is thought to have 7,000 to 9,000 fighters. It killed 76 people in a double bomb attack in Uganda as they watched the 2010 World Cup.

Mr Adebolajo, 28, and a second man, Michael Adebowale, 22, were arrested on suspicion of the murder of Drummer Rigby on 22 May.

They remain in custody in hospital in a stable condition after being shot and wounded by police at the scene after the killing.

Three further men, aged 21, 24 and 28, were arrested in London on Saturday evening on suspicion of conspiracy to commit murder - a Taser was used on two of them.

i told my friend day 1 after this happened m15 put him up to this

some context - my friends father in law in manchester was entrapped by m15 agents. they sent 2 mixed race 'convert' lads into with wires for a year

and then charged him with terrorist offences

last mans father and brother in law still face charges up on belmarsh

our security services are devious indeed

i dont believe he killed the guy out of a desire to kill him

i believe this is part of a wider conspiracy

So basically he was preaching terror and got caught now its a conspiracy

Kl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE-AYBXeSU0

Just seen this video recommended for me on youtube

The slap @ 3:23  :lol:

Loooooooooooooool @ 4.58

That flag got confiscated so calmly with 0 repercussions

:rofl:

They aint even know it. 

tears

oh my god

EDl should've dismantled and go themselves a new leader after that

ffs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE-AYBXeSU0

Just seen this video recommended for me on youtube

The slap @ 3:23  :lol:

Loooooooooooooool @ 4.58

That flag got confiscated so calmly with 0 repercussions

They aint even know it. 

tears

oh my god

EDl should've dismantled and go themselves a new leader after that

ffs

that akhs slap was funny

why u running away for

slap

what was the story behind the holland thing

Members of the English Defence League travelled to the Netherlands in support of far-right Dutch politician Geert Wilders.

The European Freedom Initiative group organised a rally against what they claim is the "growing Islamisation" of Europe.

Mr Wilders moved quickly to distance himself from the protesters, many of whom support his extreme views on Islam.

In the past, the controversial MP has been outspoken in his belief that immigration of people from Muslim nations must be stopped.

His Party For Freedom is a key supporter of the Netherlands' centre-right coalition and his popularity has surged in recent years.

Authorities moved the demonstration from a central Amsterdam location to an industrial site on the outskirts of the city for fear of violence.

Hundreds of people were expected to attend, but the rally drew far more police and journalists than marchers.

Football fans from Ajax Amsterdam had posted internet messages calling for action to stop the EDL from visiting their city.

A large number of police with dogs and officers on horses were on hand to make sure the event passed with major incident.

About 100 Ajax fans were kept away from the site after authorities cordoned off at a nearby metro station to prevent a confrontation.

Sky News reporter Enda Brady, who was at the scene, said the EDL minibus was stoned, but no one was hurt.

Police said only 10 people were arrested at the local station for vandalism or not having IDs.

Guest Chelsea Jack

smh.. you're a disgrace

Bro, meet me wherever the f*ck you are looking want and call me a disgrace to my face

Gladly. I'll be on streatham high road at 3pm come and do something.

Drunk philos >>>>>