Discussion on Eto'o

Guest Ryan

Sick player, but that reported 7mil a season contract he wants is fukked up, wenger aint having none of that.I would seriously have believed we had a strong chance of getting him if Dien was still here, but looks less likely now. Up to his mate henry and wenger to persuade him.RVP----Henry----Eto'o = sickest attack ever

we already got him.coming at the end of the season 26mronaldo--etoo--rooneysickest attack ever

Yes, but if it becomes a bidding war then no.Yes, rumours are he is definately the one they intend on losing, out of there main four (Rijkaard, Ronaldinho & Messi) irrelevant of if they win the league.We dont need, but who wouldnt want world class players?To be honest I really dont see him at Arsenal, maybe if Dein was still there then I might but the rumours have no credibility to me.

question?why would etoo choose arsenal over the Big 3?serious onehe can come join the champions and a side that would suit his game...he can join the best champions league side and a club with great history...or chelsea

Guest Ryan

Eto'o has said:1.) He wants to play with Henry2.) Would love Wenger as a manager3.) Loves our style of footballFrom them three things I deduce that if Barca are willing to sell him and we put the money up, we will get him.

lol @ thinking your top 3 when youve come 4th 2 seasons in a rowwith your arguments an excellent one can be made for Chelsea no?1. Geremi (they are very good friends and came though football together)2. They are winners3. The money and medals.4.London5. African players for him to hang out with

lol @ thinking your top 3 when youve come 4th 2 seasons in a rowwith your arguments an excellent one can be made for Chelsea no?1. Geremi (they are very good friends and came though football together)2. They are winners3. The money and medals.4.London5. African players for him to hang out with
He don't like Chelsea, he made that clear when Barca played against them. They messed him around in the past & I don't think he's forgotten about it.Geremi won't be at Chelsea next season What Medals do Chelsea have that Arsenal don't? If you say the Carling Cup your a chief lol

carling cup leaguemaybe fa cupthats last 2 years

Yes, but if it becomes a bidding war then no.Yes, rumours are he is definately the one they intend on losing, out of there main four (Rijkaard, Ronaldinho & Messi) irrelevant of if they win the league.We dont need, but who wouldnt want world class players?To be honest I really dont see him at Arsenal, maybe if Dein was still there then I might but the rumours have no credibility to me.
i am hopeful though

carling cup leaguemaybe fa cupthats last 2 years
Listen, the fact that Arsenal have won so much domestically in the last 5-6 years means we can afford to lose a couple finals & not win the league but still be considered a MAJOR MAJOR team in the prem.About not in the top three..That's like saying Real Madrid are not as big as Barca because they ain't won the league in four years or Man Utd as a big as Chelsea because b4 this year they hadn't won the prem for three years *KMT*

Samuel Eto'o has rubbished the idea that he will leave Barcelona for the Premiership in the summer.The Cameroon striker has been linked with an end-of-season switch to England following three years at Camp Nou.UEFA Champions League finalists Liverpool, and Premiership champions Manchester United, have both been mooted as fans of the prolific hit-man.Though Eto'o was open-minded about playing in England later in his career, the 26-year-old confirmed he will be a Barcelona player next season."I have not heard anything," said Eto'o at an event run by the www.feelfootball.com debate website with regard to the rumours."These kind of things are usually just speculation and don't come through to me."I am happy at Barcelona and will definitely be here next season."I have no idea where I will be in a few years' time, but at the moment I have a contract with Barcelona until 2010."There have been so many lies written about me. In fact, I would say that 99.999 per cent of the things I have ready about myself in the papers have been untrue."Eto'o also confirmed he has no quarrel with Frank Rijkaard after his row with the Barca coach earlier in the campaign.He added: "Like I said, I am happy here. There is no problem, no crisis."The press can write what they want, but I am staying." biggrin.gif

Personally I dont think we need another strikerRVPAdebayoorBoth should be hitting 15+ next season in all compsHenry 25+ in all compsBendtner (13 in all comps last season) Walcott (ã12m), 2 teens with potential that deserve a chance up frontGoals from Midfield are the problem

Its true we dont need another striker but if oppurtunities like this arise you have to go for it.If Arsenals whole midfield and attack was packed with goals, assists, composure etc. and Kaka or Ronaldinho was being offered I would still want us to go for them.

^^^ Thats cos we are fans, we dont have to manage the club or the players...I wish Anelka comments where always that senisble.Anyway... Samuel Eto'o remains hopeful that Thierry Henry could still sign for Barcelona.The Arsenal striker was strongly linked with a move to Barca last summer, before he committed to The Gunners by putting pen-to-paper on a new long-term contract.However, speculation about Henry's future has resurfaced following Arsenal's poor season, and Eto'o believes there is a chance he could yet move to Camp Nou."I hope so, I really do," said Eto'o at an event run by the feelfootball.com debate website."Obviously it is nothing to do with me, but I would be delighted if he came to play here."Though he accepts signing Henry would have created huge competition for places in a forward line already including Ronaldinho, Lionel Messi and himself, Eto'o regrets that Barcelona missed out on the Frenchman last year.He explained: "We were ready to welcome him with open arms. We would have been really happy had he come in and we would have had a great team."We still have a great team, but it would have been special."I don't know if we could all play together. That's the coach's job."All I know is that I want the best players in my team and Henry is one of the best."He's a great player. He's number one of the great players."

Samuel Eto'o, who has been heavily linked with a move to Serie A outfit Sampdoria in this month's transfer window.

Now the Serie A club's president Massimo Ferrero has confirmed that the Serie A club are still awaiting approval from the Toffees to complete the signing of the veteran Cameroon striker.

"We're waiting on the okay from Everton,” Ferrero told Rai Sport. “I've met the lad, he's a champion."

/

Move to main room please