Are there any qualifed personal trainers on here?

Guest chap44uns

You can do a Level 2 and network and be a gym instructor for a few months in certain companies if they see potential in you they will sponsor your level 3 but then you are kind of stuck with that company and depending on their rent arrangements you might have been better off dropping the bags

But its a really hard industry to get into now because everyone has jumped on it the last couple years, especially those under 19 as it is free for them

Unless your big already or you are really passionate about changing peoples lifes/nutrition/gym in general I would look for something else

Because to make money out of it is a long-term thing, you'l need to gym instruct first for a year or so to meet potential clients and build relationships, even then money at first will be low when it comes to paying rent to the gym so you will need to PT and work part time elsewhere most likely, so unless your 100% into it, dont bother imo

Guest chap44uns

Unless your big already or you are really passionate about changing peoples lifes/nutrition/gym in general I would look for something else

this is it but

dont you need a pt qualification?

My dad used to be a personal trainer/ thai boxing instructor for over 20 years.. Its not somethin you do for the money its more something you can wake up every day happy to go to work (if youre about that life).. Also possible after a few years experience to move abroad to places like Australia and america where there are more opportunities .. Thinking about it myself because im making good money but dont enjoy my job and seeing as you spend most of your day/life working, is the extra money really worth not being happy?

Guest chap44uns

My dad used to be a personal trainer/ thai boxing instructor for over 20 years.. Its not somethin you do for the money its more something you can wake up every day happy to go to work (if youre about that life).. Also possible after a few years experience to move abroad to places like Australia and america where there are more opportunities .. Thinking about it myself because im making good money but dont enjoy my job and seeing as you spend most of your day/life working, is the extra money really worth not being happy?

FAM

You can work for a gym with personal trainer as your job role, you can find a gym that will allow you to train your clients there, you can have your own equipment and do outdoor activities mainly for weight loss.. There are a lot of different aspects that come under the name personal training

Gyms can take anything from 40-70% of the set PT fee. its fucked.

My boy just recently packed it in and got a job in a bank coz it was a real struggle.

What you do bro?

Chaps it's free for you I swear http://www.lcbt.co.uk/courses/whatcanitake/fitness/

@toney

Engineer and got a side ting in construction (extensions, conservatives etc) .. Its the engineering part i don't like.. Im more skilled at 22 than my boss is yet he can tell me what to do + it's in a factory which is another thing i don't like but engineering/mechanical engineering are the only qualifications is got atm so i feel stuck

Already got the lifestyle and body a personal trainer should have tbh but iv seen some of the pay brackets and entry level is like 17k lol but its 1 of those jobs where you have to sell yourself, cant let the qualification talk for you..1 of my dons does personal training in the day because it ent too many hours and is a door man at night, earns quite a bit an enjoys both jobs

Edit: shit sounds emotional lol thats enough internet for today

What you need to remember is you can loose 5 clients at the drop of a hat & your money goes down ur fucked and if ur self employed you cannot get a Mortgage for at least 2 yrs you gotta show a steady growth before you can get one.

It's true Wimbledon & Putney got alot of mums who want to keep fit & all pay PT to help them I know one lady paying £120 an hr for her PT