Nearly 65% of Jamaican females classified as obese

Don Crack

With nearly 65% of Jamaican females classified as obese, the ideal beach body is nearly twice its medically-appropriate size.  In this island nation particular emphasis is placed on generous hips and hindquarters, a condition known as steatopygia.  A 1993 study conducted in rural Jamaica associated thinness with sadness but heaviness with happiness, kindness and social harmony.  There is also a burgeoning pill market which caters to young women desiring to gain weight.

http://www.toptenz.net/top-10-countries-celebrating-female-obesity.php

So Jamaican women like diabetes? 

• Downvote 1

thing is, low fat/ low salt versions of many Caribbean dishes could be made, but no one would take the suggestion on board.

at the same time, yam, sweet potato etc >>>>> for nutrition

but You get so many who outrightly refuse to eat vegetables. actively removing the vegetables and saying "I don't eat vegetables". anyone who actively makes this decision deserves all their health problems tbh, imho

• Upvote 1

. Its not just Jamaicans though its black people in general even more so Africans

Yeah 'tis true

Being big for them is a sign that your healthy/wealthy though especially for the women

So they are very proud of their size

meh

My ex girls mum was Ghanaian so I know, she(mum) is massive, and always trying to feed her every minute must be so she can go big fat n ugly like her

And every minute she was cooking sutten

black people pretty much fry everything same with south asians

how many black families do you know that actually boil their food instead of frying

increased obesity is directly related with diabetes

would also explain why blacks are more susceptible to diabetes

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Stack is a world class mug still. 

Sounds like one of those world  westerners that classify africa as a nation. 

As a someone of (nigerian heritage) I can only comment on what we eat. Its custom for us to eat 3 organic meals a day and we tend to eat until we have to losen our belt buckle and lie down. No rules to any diet. As someone did mention its a sign of good living to be fat over there. 

Our foods generally are oil, protein and starch heavy. Its quite different to what yanks will call soul food. 

Then you have East africans like kenyans. They seem to have a balanced diet and seem to have a eat to survive approach. Thats why they have bit more slender in comparison to nigerians.

Diabetes is more common amongst black people in the western society than back home though. 

Organic home food though >  Mcds, fish fingers, chips & squash and them foods there.

• Upvote 1

Supposedly heating oil can introduce cancerous properties to it.

A family friend passed of cancer maybe 3 weeks ago, was 56 I think, I remember what Mgeez said about burnt food being cancerous, my mum said her and her husband loved Barbecued food...

hmm this is false..

nigerians eat oil foods all day long. Cancer aint even as common as it is over here.  

Supposedly heating oil can introduce cancerous properties to it.

A family friend passed of cancer maybe 3 weeks ago, was 56 I think, I remember what Mgeez said about burnt food being cancerous, my mum said her and her husband loved Barbecued food...

hmm this is false..

nigerians eat oil foods all day long. Cancer aint even as common as it is over here.  

2 pretty silly comments

i think we can all agree there's quite a few contributing factors

i do need to stop frying everythin tho i need to be reprogrammed

Stack is a world class mug still. 

Sounds like one of those world  westerners that classify africa as a nation. 

As a someone of (nigerian heritage) I can only comment on what we eat. Its custom for us to eat 3 organic meals a day and we tend to eat until we have to losen our belt buckle and lie down. No rules to any diet. As someone did mention its a sign of good living to be fat over there. 

Our foods generally are oil, protein and starch heavy. Its quite different to what yanks will call soul food. 

Then you have East africans like kenyans. They seem to have a balanced diet and seem to have a eat to survive approach. Thats why they have bit more slender in comparison to nigerians.

Diabetes is more common amongst black people in the western society than back home though. 

Organic home food though >  Mcds, fish fingers, chips & squash and them foods there.

east africans are generally more ectomorphic thou - west africans tending more to mesomorph/endomorph. combine that with no exercise and particular diet and you have a recipe* for weight gain. most jamaicans would be originally of west african origin no? so diet i think is secondary.

*excuse pun