Thoughts That Make You Undeniably British

JOHN DOE

#12 "I’m really hungry but when I’m offered something to eat I’ll politely refuse."

A knee-jerk reaction to politely refuse is something we Brits excel at. Especially when we don't know the person all that well. We say “no thanks” before we’ve even thought about the true answer to the question. We spend the rest of the visit rueing a missed opportunity.

"I say 'thank-you' at least a dozen times during a single credit card transaction"

Handing the goods over, passing the card, taking it back, getting the receipt – at every step of the process we have to say “thank-you.” The cashier does too. We can’t help it, we’re British.

^ this one is exagerrated tho

say thank you if they bag my tings and thank you when getting the reciept

oh so a nigga cant ask for sugar in di tea with out being judged 

peak 

bruv, i used to have it bad

one woman actually refused to serve me tea in hospital cause I take 6 sugars, proper looked at me like i asked for heroin

just did some long walk of shame back to my room

but she got screwed at by the ward manager cause she cant make those decisions, but stil, it hurt

so much that i dont evn drink tea anymore

• Downvote 1

"I consider people who take sugar in their tea to be lesser than myself"

Definitely guilty of saying thank you too much..

Pop your card in... 'ok thank you'... and take your card... 'thanks'.... here you go.. 'thank you very much, bye'

Edit - And not forgetting the thank you when placing items down on the counter.