do u still buy vinyl

Shadow

was  lookin for vinyl an there was one shop wot used to b decent wen certain dj's ran it

bt nw its shit i swear there was 1 table wid tapes few cd#s an couple shit vinyl

is it dead now...or u still buyin

thing is i heard sales are boomin right nw bt 1 otha shop jus closed down

isit a collectors ting nw,,,,or people still playin vinyl in clubs

Haven't bought vinyl in about 2 years, more time when I'm dj'in the decks aren't even in working condition.

CDJs have properly taken over. 

this is a damn shame, how they let them collect dust and generally fuck up, mp3s sound like dog shit as well.

• Upvote 2

Haven't bought vinyl in about 2 years, more time when I'm dj'in the decks aren't even in working condition.

CDJs have properly taken over. 

this is a damn shame, how they let them collect dust and generally f*ck up, mp3s sound like dog sh*t as well.

I know, be lucky if theres a slipmat and a functioning stylus. They have literally just become somewhere to put your cd wallet.

• Upvote 1

Saddens me when I reach a club and the 1210's are covered in dust and the stylus all fucked up etc.

ive had mine since 98 (one brand new and one 2nd hand) and theyre still in excellent condition and have never needed repairing or servicing.

CDJs seem to break or need fixing every other week.

Bought a few house bits on vinyl lately but that only cos they didnt release on digitally or the promo was out months b4 on vinyl.

I personally don't miss vinyl. Pain to lug around, can get scratched up and warped. And that's if you've managed to buy the record you were looking for.

I'm not taking anything away from collectors or people appreciating the nostalgia of it, I just object to hipsters telling me how much better vinyl is.

Vinyl is an inferior and impractical way of storing audio. And it's fuckin expensive. Daft Punk's newest album can be copped legally for £4.99. I saw it on vinyl in a shop at the weekend for £20.

The next time someone tells you that "the sound is richer" or that they "prefer the warmer sound of vinyl", tell them to shut the fuck up. The only music that may sound better on vinyl is music that was recorded a long time ago.

• Downvote 1

I personally don't miss vinyl. Pain to lug around, can get scratched up and warped. And that's if you've managed to buy the record you were looking for.

I'm not taking anything away from collectors or people appreciating the nostalgia of it, I just object to hipsters telling me how much better vinyl is.

Vinyl is an inferior and impractical way of storing audio. And it's f*ckin expensive. Daft Punk's newest album can be copped legally for £4.99. I saw it on vinyl in a shop at the weekend for £20.

The next time someone tells you that "the sound is richer" or that they "prefer the warmer sound of vinyl", tell them to shut the f*ck up. The only music that may sound better on vinyl is music that was recorded a long time ago.

That last bit isn't true. You try mixing an mp3 into a vinyl. The high end is always ear splitting and most of the time the bass needs to be cranked up.
  • Upvote 2

Vinyl sound is actually much richer with more depth, you can always always hear the difference on a club system, MP3 loses lower frequencies that you cant hear(but on a big system you can feel them) and slightly enhances the tops, hence the crispiness/tinniness, which works well when listening on headphones/small speakers, but if its in a club, certain tunes can feel dead. WAVs (and other uncompressed/non lossy formats) can sound just as good as vinyl though, but yeh vinyl is definitely impractical.