Swiftie i am dissapoint in you

kerser

I also enjoyed the last one.

Defo not the current one

At the end of the day you just have to mod better. Yeah, that's a criticism. The picture thread stopped working when people abused the nsfw rule but instead of promptly disabling the link and warning said user, it was left until a bunch of us complained and the solution was to lock and archive  :/. Same goes for a derailed discussion, it happens sometimes, but the solution is to mark selected posts and send them to new thread with a relevant title. Rather that let it go on for so long that an any conversation goes precedent is set. Also, the room structure can be better accommodating to discussion. For example: If the 'Some news' thread was actually a sub-room, each article could command it's own thread and allow for more discussion. The way it is now, a discussion on an article gets cut when a new story is posted. The same applied to the Manchester United thread in the sports room, there was far too much to discuss than the linear layout of one thread could handle. So I asked for a sub-room and the ting got locked and archived  :/.

Seems like the admin lot are doing a job with the activations and new user control malark (I wonder how much of that there really is to do though). But what are the rest of the mods really doing? ?

• Upvote 5

At the end of the day you just have to mod better. Yeah, that's a criticism. The picture thread stopped working when people abused the nsfw rule but instead of promptly disabling the link and warning said user, it was left until a bunch of us complained and the solution was to lock and archive  :/. Same goes for a derailed discussion, it happens sometimes, but the solution is to mark selected posts and send them to new thread with a relevant title. Rather that let it go on for so long that an any conversation goes precedent is set. Also, the room structure can be better accommodating to discussion. For example: If the 'Some news' thread was actually a sub-room, each article could command it's own thread and allow for more discussion. The way it is now, a discussion on an article gets cut when a new story is posted. The same applied to the Manchester United thread in the sports room, there was far too much to discuss than the linear layout of one thread could handle. So I asked for a sub-room and the ting got locked and archived  :/.

Seems like the admin lot are doing a job with the activations and new user control malark (I wonder how much of that there really is to do though). But what are the rest of the mods really doing? ?

A Back&forth thread should be made with all the trash talk thrown in there

R.I.P. Whatever Room

And then you have the most popular threads being closed on top of that.

Smh

yeh why was the pic thread closed? it's the one thing i always checked.

cause there was 1 new topic in 4 days, certain topics were so off topic they were being used like chat rooms

2 active threads and no new topics, only other option was to close whatever and have a random chat thread.(or the accuse everyone else of being a troll thread)

As for news, would prefer if it had its own topic per story or posted in a relevant already open topic on the same subject(found via search) instead of a story about a pedo and one about an earthquake in same topic.

Note, this isnt an invitation to start spamming the place with topics out of protest/thinking you're being clever.

i reckon you should open that thread again and just delete the stuff that goes off topic, coz really there isn't that much on here i'm interested in, and i can imagine that applies to a fair few other users. Things like vip2's opinion on fashion/white women/cooking etc..... doesn't really interest me.

At the end of the day you just have to mod better. Yeah, that's a criticism. The picture thread stopped working when people abused the nsfw rule but instead of promptly disabling the link and warning said user, it was left until a bunch of us complained and the solution was to lock and archive   :/. Same goes for a derailed discussion, it happens sometimes, but the solution is to mark selected posts and send them to new thread with a relevant title. Rather that let it go on for so long that an any conversation goes precedent is set. Also, the room structure can be better accommodating to discussion. For example: If the 'Some news' thread was actually a sub-room, each article could command it's own thread and allow for more discussion. The way it is now, a discussion on an article gets cut when a new story is posted. The same applied to the Manchester United thread in the sports room, there was far too much to discuss than the linear layout of one thread could handle. So I asked for a sub-room and the ting got locked and archived   :/.

I agree with some of what you said but too many sub rooms kill the forum, for example say wayne rooney signed for arsenal, where would this be discussed ? currently the arsenal fans talk about their transfers in their transfer thread in the room they have, united fans would discuss it in their topic and a handful would discuss it in the summer transfer thread....that is 3 topics in 2 rooms (which could be 3 rooms if the united room were to be created) with 3 different groups of people discussing the same thing.... when in the past a big transfer like that would have its own topic in the main sports room with everyone discussing it together instead of being segregated...if you wish to talk about issues with only man utd fans then you know where red cafe etc... are. I personally like to have the opinions of all the sports room guys in 1 topic discussing certain events and when a new event happens a new topic does... unfortunately the way that room works is with 1 summer/winter transfer thread and a matchday topic for each week (which i am not a fan of as i prefer a weekend one and a midweek one, cos it is long going through 60+ pages and a lot of good stuff gets lost in the fraff)..... that is the formula which we have found that works in the sports room as a lot of guys are scared to push the "new topic" button (dont know why, fear of rejection??)

As for the whatever room, i assure you guys it has been a lot more lively in the last few days then it has been in the last few weeks, as i have already mentioned i liked the random pic thread however it became the only active thread on here for a few days and turned into the random chat thread.....

Also 

i can agree with no news thread but pic thread is vital

I dont know why you are posting that in here though, because faze and I already explained to you that it would be coming back shortly once a little bit of normality came back to this room and the reasons why it was locked.

once shit gets moving again, pic thread can come back....maybe video thread too....defo not news thread though.

in case you missed it, it was a reply to you in the mods room

*opens admins cp*

good luck

• Upvote 2

Well if a mod agrees to moderate it and split topic worthy videos  from it and delete any articles/pictures it might run.

It was gonna be left open but chaps started using it as a picture thread.

Mod me I'll do it

Its like the mods decided to delete all the good threads and keep the shit ones .

How can the video and picture thread be gone but the tulisa one still be here