Benteke signs new deal with Aston Villa

HangTheDJ

0,,10265~12082024,00.jpg

Aston Villa are delight to confirm that Christian Benteke has withdrawn his transfer request and agreed a contract extension through to 2017 with the Club.

Aston Villa Manager Paul Lambert said: "I had a full and frank discussion with Christian Benteke on his return to training this week regarding his future. It is my opinion that the best thing for Christian is to remain at Aston Villa. He enjoyed a terrific first season at the Club and can use that as a platform to hopefully enjoy more success this season. I'm delighted, having time to re-evaluate his future, Christian has decided to commit to the Club. It's a huge bonus and I'm sure the supporters are every bit as delighted as me to have him on board and raring to go."

Christian Benteke said: "I spoke with the Manager when I returned to training and we had a good talk. I am very happy to be back here in Birmingham and at Aston Villa, and to sign a new contract. This is a great Club and it has given me a lot. Now I have to give back to my teammates and the fans who have always been right behind me. The end of last season was very good and the lads were very strong. It was not easy but we came through it and the confidence is high. So everyone knows what we have to do now - be better. I need to be better than last year."

Sack your agent and take us back to the big time lad

lolspurs

• Upvote 1

Wasnt worth a penny over 15m anyway.

No big loss

I agree he's not worth a penny over £15m because he play(ed) for a crap side. Now he plays for a good one and it'll be another £10m onto his actual true value next Summer if he does it again.

And yeah c/s Lambert. How calm has this been. His only quotes from May were saying he'd be mad to leave. All this noise made over the Summer, transfer request. Benteke's second day of training and he's signed and sealed with the transfer request withdrawn.

and Tottenham fans call Arsenal fans salty, fucking hell.

point out the salt please.