The Real Life Notebook

Are there any studies that show why a lot of old people die soon after their partner does?

Heard it happens a lot and is normally peaceful

My nan told me couple stories about a donnys who said they were "ready to go" after a lost one and passed away in there sleep that night

Are you basically keeping yourself alive at them ages?

I read somewhere that emotion can manifest itself physically. Like a broken heart per say can have determiental effects on your phyical health. I guess at an age when your body is so fragile and you lose a partner those manifestations are alot more serious to your health.

75 years of marriage though, they don't make em like this anymore.

• Upvote 4

I read somewhere that emotion can manifest itself physically. Like a broken heart per say can have determiental effects on your phyical health. I guess at an age when your body is so fragile and you lose a partner those manifestations are alot more serious to your health.

75 years of marriage though, they don't make em like this anymore.

The real 

Friend of mine, her uncle was in his 40's, soon after his wife died of cancer his son noticed he hadn't come down for breakfast 1 morning.

Went upstairs and found the uncle still in bed, had died of a heart attack in the middle of the night.

I remember him, the guy was in great shape.

^^^ this will ensure a lonely death 

i reckon certain guys imagine themselves in the hospital breathing their last surrounded by an army of bangin sluts in skimpy outfits 

'ye that's the way i'm going'

/

the loss of a loved one can cause heart problems

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takotsubo_cardiomyopathy - or 'broken heart syndrome'

Yeah this happens a lot. And the reverse is also true. People with cancer hanging on untill the day after some important date, e.g their grandson's graduation/wedding etc

Yeah that's kinda what happened to Jean-Dominique Bauby.

He had a stroke and it caused locked in syndrome, could only move his left eyelid.

A nurse developed a language system with him using blinks and they wrote his memoir, took 10 months, 4 hours a day.

3 days after it was published he passed from Pneumonia.