Stratford in East London is awarded the country’s worst crime hotspot

Don Crack

Goes to show that despite the huge amount of cash pumped into East London as a result of the Olympics & Westfield, you can't change the fact that there's a high percentage of scum that turn the place into a lawless hovel. Westfield Stratford is a lovely place, but it's a shame that almost all of it's clientele are tooth-sucking, brainless gang members with zero intelligence...and zero class and manners, too. I went there last week & they thought nothing of pushing my small child out of the way to get past - no "excuse me" or "could I get past please". Best thing to do would be to level the place during shop opening hours. It would probably clear a large proportion of the benefits claimants in the UK, too.

• Downvote 1

yeh but look at the stats. 452 - "anti social behaviour". in other words not a crime

500 shoplifting, and 1604 other theft (which doesn't include robbery)

out of a total of 3400 crimes

and most importantly - violence and sexual offences - only 37 in 18 months.

and Westfield in West London came in 2nd which also invalidates arguments about the stratford customers.

poor article, shit headline

not exactly the worst crime hotspot when we don't have a single murder occuring in 18 months