Peru Drug Mules

Afroman

are you lot as angry about jermaine getting nicked with food in stockwell yea?

Jermaine in Stockwell can't flutter his pretty little eyelids, claim he was bullied into it by some big bad men and be taken remotely seriously.

The media portrayal of this would be very different if it was Tesha and Danita never mind Jermaine.

Nail on the head

Guest Diddybob

i just find it weird that a usually "street savy" forum has now turned into an equivalent of daily mail readers "lock em up and throw away the key"

Who told you this forum is 'street savvy' mate

Memba that thread where people were saying they would turn their back on a lifelong friend if they found out he murdered someone.

On 20/08/2013 at 1:48 PM, philos said:

hmmm....

nah sorry mate that wont pass today

they are proclaiming innocence the same as anyone (including black people in the past) would do getting nicked with food abroad.  can you blame them?

so what if the media paint it anyway they want, doesnt mean you should want the girls to suffer anymore.

I aren't even mad at them and don't wish them any harm, I was just pointing out the flaw in the comparison you made because it seems that people are mad at the way the media are being receptive to their excuse/reason for doing this rather than mad at the females.

pointed this out and his post has the most poses in this thread.

are you lot as angry about jermaine getting nicked with food in stockwell yea?

Jermaine in Stockwell can't flutter his pretty little eyelids, claim he was bullied into it by some big bad men and be taken remotely seriously.

The media portrayal of this would be very different if it was Tesha and Danita never mind Jermaine.

Nail on the head

na u n the usual are takin ur resentment/exasperation of white women out on these 2 random shlags n then goin on about how the media is portraying them?

how is that even relevant to the fact ud like to see them dead

ur jus horny n frustrated mate have a sly 1 n chill out

from the initial topic title n through all the posts everyone seems really sore

other than the fact they wont shut the fuck up about it, how is the media portraying this in ur head?

u expect their excuses not to be published?

analyse the wording for me

c/s toney

I guess I will speak for myself when i say the very reason I want them to spend the next 30 years in Peru's finest, is due to the media's portrayal and the way they and their family play up to it. 

If you do not regard the media as institutionally racist then the lil black kid in that gif is talking to you.. 

nobody saying they need to be locked up for their portrayal they need to be locked up for their foolishness. What im stunned at is how these mules can have their picture in the paper eating birthday cake with your dad when you just tried to export 1.5mill of cocaine.

Media amazement is one

Their stupidity is two.  

Peru charges Michaella McCollum and Melissa Reid with drug trafficking

Prosecutors announce formal charges as British and Irish women wait overnight in cells to go before judge

Peruvian authorities have pressed formal charges of drug trafficking against two women who were arrested on suspicion trying to smuggle cocaine worth £1.5m out of Peru. In a statement, the district attorney's office in Lima's port district of Callao said Michaella McCollum and Melissa Reid, both 20, could face a jail term of between eight and 15 years.  It said that "enough evidence had been put together to suspect the alleged responsibility of both people", adding that the women's defence had not "detracted from the accusation" against them.

Reid, from Glasgow, and McCollum, from Dungannon, Northern Ireland, were spending Tuesday night in a holding cell at a district court in Callao.

The presiding judge, Dilo Huaman, is expected to accept the charges and open the case while ordering that both women are held in custody until a court hearing or trial, a process that could take up to two years. A source in Callao's district attorney's office said it was "highly unlikely" bail would be granted.  

Amid chaotic scenes and a heavy press presence the women were taken handcuffed from the police station where they had been held since their arrest two weeks ago to a public prosecutor's office and then to the district court where they were jostled through a waiting media scrum. 

Reid's father, William, and McCollum's brother, Keith, were both prevented from entering the court building, according to Peter Madden, the prominent Northern Ireland lawyer hired by McCollum's family.

Reid, from Glasgow, and McCollum, from Dungannon, Northern Ireland, were "confused and frightened" and being held in "very poor and dirty conditions", Madden told the Guardian. "The holdings cells had thin mattresses on the floor and were full of flies," he said, adding that the women had not been offered any food by the authorities during the entire day. 

Madden said he feared the authorities wanted to "break their spirits so they would plead guilty". 

He said both women had been threatened at gunpoint in Ibiza where they had been working since the beginning of June, adding they were forced under duress to travel to Peru to smuggle cocaine in their luggage. He said the women, who both deny the allegations, would enter not guilty pleas.

Don't know how these chicks thought they could ever get away with this one. Oh well it's looking like they'll have plenty of time to think things over. Fairplay to their lawyers though getting the UK press onboard and making them look like innocent girls tricked by bad drug dealers. And not greedy women looking for some easy money.

They had plenty of options to not go through with trying to take this stuff through and still did it.