Does Rap Music Influence Violence?

Don Crack

I still think it is a weak excuse so say 110 years ago when crime was worse in this country. What influence would you blame for violent killings?

Irish, Italian gangsters back in the day in states who would carry out killings back then what would influence will you blame for their violent killings?

they never had violent gangster rap music, games, films but sh*t still went down.

If anything these things have been a benefit for society.

Also find it amazing that people want to focus on the music rather than how did a child manage tp get a lethal weapon so easily?

I remember an incident of road rage I had years back, I think I was listening to Dipset, real loud though.

After it happened I thought about the whole situation for a few minutes and just thought wow, this ting had me hyped.

Defo can influence behaviour.

I try now not to listen to any monkey rap whilst I'm driving, noticed Classical keeps me more calm.

I still think it is a weak excuse so say 110 years ago when crime was worse in this country. What influence would you blame for violent killings?

why do you think crime was 'way worse'?

crime is a bit of a silly measuring stick, aren't we talking about violence? and about those that listen to rap, not the entire country

a quick google search shows ur wrong, indictable offences, homicides and prison population per population has all increased to fuck since 1900, there was more than double homicides per pop at the end of the 90s compared to the 60s

but as i said, it's a stupid argument to make anyway, even if it was right

• Upvote 2

You would then have to take in account of reported crime, advances in policing techniques, a more resourceful police force, advances in technology for a rising rate of inmates . I am just making the point that it is weak to blame using rap music as a primary source for violent crime. You need to look at society and not a source of entertainment which, rap, games, films are. Like I already said why is there not being a bigger fuss made about how these children managed to have access to such weapons. They clearly have not been integrated in society and you can not lay the blame at rap. Like I said what was the factor what people blamed on previous generations and violent crime?

I hear that but if that can be influential anything can then.

Like that guy who lost money in the bookies so he push someone in the train tracks at highbury and Islington and the person died (would you say the bookies was influential and take some blame in the death?)

or Someone who watches a football match and their team loses and ends up knifing a guy outside a pub, is the match an influence and should take part of the blame?

Guy has an argument with his wife he hits and she falls down the stairs and dies was she influential in her own demise?