Was you bullied in school?

The Somalian

Briefly, in Secondary school I was too smart for the class I was in, I didn't understand it I would know the answers to the questions and people around me wouldn't. People would call me boffin etc which isn't so offensive now I look back on it, but imagine feeling bad for being smart? Weren't cool at the time I dumbed myself down to fit in.

Then I started fighting people, a lot. So it weren't really physical bullying because I could stand up for myself, I didn't want to fight people coz I did a lot of that in Primary school and they warned me about it on my first interview for Dunraven.

So yes I was a conflicted child, I didn't experience no prolonged emotionally damaging bullying but that's my story

When I was 12 and started playing for a new team, I musta took this guys place who was there before, guy would not stop giving me grief on the bus to the game, when you are young you don't realise what is going on, but as you get older you clock why people behave the way they do.

Felt to flatten him but his boys were there and the guys who brought me there weren't really built like that, weighed up the options and they weren't really in my favour.

I used to ignore him and he eventually moved to someone else, before he left he became quite complimentary on me as a player, met him much later at work around 19 and he try beg friend a piece.

Cliche but it made me tougher, more cynical though which in turn with my dad and other observations made me quite a cold person, 1 of a few incidents that had a big hand in shaping my character.

Pretty much Mizchif story

Enfield boy amongst Tottenham kids so for first 2 years of sec I was disliked cos I would openly par with all races, not just black and cos after going to 3 primary schools off the back of bad behaviour and near expulsion wanted to keep my head down and do well.

Eventually I manage to maintain my grades but also fit into their mentality and by year 9 I am thinking monkey thoughts.

Dropped that quick for college, did my A-levels and went uni.

Probably is a founder of my resentment to certain traits black people carry and why I am so conscious for the kids I mentor to be themselves and not what their immiediate society pushes them to be.

When i was in Primary school some boy from Yugoslavia would give me grief, i was fairly young and never reacted but looking back i think he just wanted to be my friend but didn't really know how to act correctly and approach people in a way to build friendships.

I remember telling my Mum about the situation after leaving school one day as i suppose she could see i wasn't as happy as i normally was so grilled me until i told her.  My mum must have went on to tell the teacher who in turn must have spoke to the other kids Mum, they then flipped it on me and said i was bullying him, after that i didn't go to the teachers again about anything.

Secondary school i didn't ever get bullied. i would join in with a bit of "banter" but wouldn't ever do it in a malicious way and bully or single anybody out.

Surprisingly not, even though I was usually the smartest in the class for the majority of school.

I did use to get rinsed in secondary school for my "big" lips though. They weren't larger than any of the black kids' but being mixed race but with skin colour being european really highlighted them.

But I could take insults and usually give them back even worse. I was one of the easy ones to insult, so when certain people were becoming victims they might try displace the comical focus towards me. I dunno if you'd call that getting bullied but I didn't really feel like a victim.

Nah

Bullied few people, not strongly but enough to feel bad it now

But boy in sec school it was eat or get eaten

Some guys took it to next levels though, weekly beatings, taking their own lunch money

Stopped around year 10 though when I realized and accepted everyone is different, and just let them live their life, much bigger problems out there in life for us then someones weight, sexuality etc

Dunno why people boost about it tbh

/

Remember getting picked on when i was about 2/3 when I was in playgroup, one of my earliest memories, always wished I could go back in time and find out who it was and where they are now

No I was lucky, the worst thing that happened to me was being called tree trunk legs in year 9 by Reece who hadn't had his growth spurt yet.

When I think back and remember all the bullying I witnessed and done nothing about I feel bad, it's funny to us but in reality it's ruining that persons day and the knock on affect is dangerous.

No I was lucky, the worst thing that happened to me was being called tree trunk legs in year 9 by Reece who hadn't had his growth spurt yet.

When I think back and remember all the bullying I witnessed and done nothing about I feel bad, it's funny to us but in reality it's ruining that persons day and the knock on affect is dangerous.

\O/

one guy in my secondary school jumped out of a window cos everyone used to say him and a maths teacher (also male) were secretly gettin it in at llunch times... he lived, but people just started cussin  him for failing suicide... was harsh. made it worse he was so dedicated to every lesson, nerdy, and got crap grades at gcse. heard his big bro killed himself, no1 cut him any slack, was way over the top....

since then had a strong dislike for bullies, makes me real angry, good people killing themselves / failing when their trying so hard

boy in my school everyone got it

you could go into one lesson the king, just battering everyone.... rinsing out all youts and making mans feel tiny and want to cry

go into your next lesson and everyone is rinsing you like wtf is going on here how did i become outnumbered, just had to laugh along cos if you took it to heart, mans would sense it and get at you non stop for it

seen guys people used to call "the strongest in the year" almost in tears getting just gunned to fuck by kids i didnt even knows name 

wost come to worst if it was ever getting too much for someone your only option was to flip and attack someone

amount of chairs ive seen flung in peoples direction..... kids are cruel and in my school they were very smart(not academically) like for example if you wanna make the class laugh you cant go picking on the weakest kid... imagine you have 1 old neaky substitute teacher, you couldnt say oh thats esquilax dad cos you would get bare plain faces like what you trying to prove ? would have to send for someone who is on you level id have to say thats Faze/Skemars Dad etc....

Peak times

Girls were different though, they would just switch and attack mans or call there cousins down or something... guys would get rushed by 30 twenty year olds for calling a fat girl fat.

na i terrored a good few people n i do feel guilty in a jokey kind of way

it wasnt even the full on geeks that it properly affected, they knew their place on the totem pole, shut up and stayed clear

they've gone on to live normal lives with their geek friends until everyone jus grows into adults n it doesnt mean anythin anymore

it was them that tried to be 1 of the lads, part of the wide normal circle n jus got abused daily until their self esteem was destroyed

now they're on happy pills for anxiety or moved away or jus generally disfunctional weirdos or a combo of the 3

jus today on fbook this lad that had moved up to leeds, some1s up there now n they found him workin at some food court n theyve taken a photo with him n put it on fbook n u can see the anxiety in his face, n every1s commenting with my old joke 'GO RED!'

u say that n then he goes red with embarrassment, i used to do it as a trick until 1 day i showed a teacher n he burst into tears

but yh still this topic is gona be cringey, jus gona be every1 relivin their school glory, nowadays if i see some1 i was a d*ck to i speak to em normal n even apologise if i was too much of a c*nt

Half 12 pile on appointments

Warn em in the morning n find em at lunch

I jus remembered at primary school where I was the nicest kid goin some weird little kid told his family I was bullying him, apparently cried himself to sleep n didn't eat for a week. But I never did shit he was jus a standard acquaintance.

Remember my family got the call from his mum I was in the bath n they barged in on me with all sorts of accusations, I was baffled, the kid moved soon after

Thinkin back now he must hav been gettin abused by his dad or somethin n I took the blame the little c*nt

Meh the regular stuff tbh. You got called dumb names if you didnt have a fresh trim, didnt have the latest fashion and footwear, couldn't prove you was or wasn't a virgin.

After year 7 people pretty much left me alone after they realised I was more than ok with fighting them for troubling me.

The adoration that came after sports events was strange though, but I understood the fickle nature of the masses by then. 

You're a hero when you are winning for your class/year/school.

Got 2 friends from the school that are still very close friends now over 15 years later so the idle teasing has no baring on me now.

jus today on fbook this lad that had moved up to leeds, some1s up there now n they found him workin at some food court n theyve taken a photo with him n put it on fbook n u can see the anxiety in his face, n every1s commenting with my old joke 'GO RED!'

Fark.

I probably did join in with certain jokes I thought were harmless but affected people a bit, not maliciously just bants.

It's crazy when you are just on the bants and someone ends up crying, feel like shit, after seeing it a few times realised I didn't wanna be responsible for that, even by accident.

Kinda turned me into a person who would step in for others, I had courage as a teen, would be the 1st to say something kinda guy.

It's kinda understandable why certain things happen during childhood but when people behave like that in their late teens, 20's it really pisses me off, have little time for such people, treat them accordingly.