Beyond: Two Souls

Gambino

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Started playing this last night. Had high hopes for it then lost a bit of interest as it came out, IGN put me off a bit as well with theiir 6/10.... Fuck knows how they gave it that low score. Game is immense! Graphics on it are stunning as well, the bit where you are running through the woods getting chased by the Police and Dogs, and the Homeless shit in the Snow... Not even sure how far into it I am but it feels shoulder to shoulder with The Last of Us already.

I rate them both as 10/10s.

Some people who don't appreciate story would prefer the control you have over the characters in Last of Us, I.E. being able to run around shooting etc. If you liked Shenmue then you would love what Quantic Dream do. It's a Journey controlled by button prompts and QTE's and choices. There is something like 24 different endings for the game apparently, things you do during the game and choices you make will affect the outcome. I did a couple of things during the game which let people die who I could of saved. Beyonds story is far deeper than Last of Us, some of the Cinematics had the beating of it too.

• 2 weeks later...