The Mesut Ozil Thread

gemma

and this is the thing with getting rid of Arsene, who else can come in (and be willing) to our club, structured the way it is and still attract players like this. We haven't won a title in how long, we don't pay the best and the squad is hardly full of world beaters.

He's still the best man for our club specifically until things change from the bottom up.

You only have to look at United's pulling power right now to see what's good.

• Upvote 1

Exciting stuff. 

So is this a one off, a response to the reaction from our fans from recent events or a genuine change?

Really hoping is the later. 

But there is still major work to be done.  This doesn't make us title challengers just yet imo. But a major step in the right direction. If we had secured higuain with it would have bee a different story. If we hold tight until january and make 2 more additions we could be serious problem

The benefits of having someone like ozil on our roaster will give us an upper hand in the transfer market.

Too early to say what I am expecting this season. But at least one trophy minimum.

Signed the most creative player in Europe

Well played Arsene.

Well played.

Iniesta, Xavi?

Signed for 15 million euros in 2010 and now joins Arsenal for 55 million. Has he really warrented that boost in his stock in that time?

Over takes Carzola as the best footballer since Bergkamp

Fabregas? Henry? You're full of shite

Leave you salt out of here please.

I know you agree with me

Signed the most creative player in Europe

Well played Arsene.

Well played.

Iniesta, Xavi?

Place has gone mad

• Downvote 1

I'm strictly talking statistics here.

Nobody has set up more goals than the German since he arrived in La Liga. On 47 occasions – tied with Lionel Messi. Last season, under Jose Mourinho, he created a whopping 91 chances for his colleagues in the league, nearly 30 more than anyone else at Madrid, with 13 of them being turned into goals.

Look at it how you want,

Our Mesut >>>

I'm strictly talking statistics here.

Nobody has set up more goals than the German since he arrived in La Liga. On 47 occasions – tied with [/size]Lionel Messi. Last season, under Jose Mourinho, he created a whopping 91 chances for his colleagues in the league, nearly 30 more than anyone else at Madrid, with 13 of them being turned into goals.[/size]

Look at it how you want,

Our Mesut >>>

Bro, I'm not disputing with you in terms of how good Özil is creatively. I think he's top 3 in the world no question HOWEVER, you can't talk 'strictly statisitcs'. Statistics go hand in hand with context & appropriation.

Yo what was Podolski even doing out there with the german team

hes out injured for 3 months??

Same reason Wayne Rooney is with the England squad

lol i still dont know the reasons

World cup next year  team bonding, tactics, to be checked by the national teams doctors etc