The Mesut Ozil Thread

gemma

Oh yeah?

What Real/Germany games?

You want me to list the Real games he went missing in? Are you having a fucking laugh?

Anyone who watched Real on a consistent basis will tell you Ozil goes missing

You think it's just since he joined Arsenal :lol:

Like I said when he signed. £40 million = Bumped

at least hes back to trolling you guys

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Ozil doesn't have a history of going missing he's cut the best defences apart. Tbh like Lenny said we need a striker willing to run in behind, not to his feet every time.

I don't think we've properly seen Podolski on the left with Ozil in the middle yet and I expect it to flourish once Walcott's back and we get a quality striker. These 2 players are the only ones we have that can do that job.

I don't think we've properly seen Podolski on the left with Ozil in the middle yet and I expect it to flourish once Walcott's back and we get a quality striker. These 2 players are the only ones we have that can do that job.

Swear for Germany, with Podolski on the left and Ozil in the middle they dead teams.

• Upvote 1

Swear for Germany, with Podolski on the left and Ozil in the middle they dead teams.

Özil plays his best football for Germany on the right, Muller behind the striker, Podolski on the left.

Ozil is known to go missing in big games. Even the Spanish media that covered the game repeated this, so tbf Darkman has a point, and Porchy even said it when we signed him, well knowing Porchy it was just before we signed him...

Ozil was poo, has been for a while, even in the brief period when Walcott came back... Also he's not helped by the fact that while Ramsey & of course Walcott are gone, few are running into space for the ball. Yes thats a reach cos like I saidhe's been poo.

Ozil is known to go missing in big games. Even the Spanish media that covered the game repeated this, so tbf Darkman has a point, and Porchy even said it when we signed him, well knowing Porchy it was just before we signed him...

Sure couple big spanish journos were saying this too about him in big games

Has anybody said he's never turned up?

On the face of it it would be unfair to criticise a player for poor performances when he has just joined a new league but knowing Ozil as I do it's not just a case of adjustment. He's a lazy f*ck who isn't prepared to work and wants everything on a plate

When we signed him they asked Jens Lehman if he could push Arsneal to the league and his response was "Ozil's not really a pusher....."

For 40 million pounds I want someone who will consistently perform at a high level and Ozil has never been that guy

There's a reason why you'd move from Real Madrid to Arsenal FC in 2013!

Arsène Wenger believes Mesut Ozil can become a more regular scorer by being more selfish in front of goal.

The Germany international has scored five times in 27 games for Arsenal since joining from Real Madrid in September.

The 25-year-old also has 10 assists to his name, but Wenger would like to see him adjust his game slightly when a goalscoring situation arises.

“You want the guy who plays behind the striker to score some goals and sometimes he is too obsessed with making the perfect pass when he could take a shot at goal,” the manager said.

“[That will improve] by practising on it and convincing him by showing him situations where he can shoot more. He will do that.

“The problem is that we are not practising much at the moment because we are playing every three days. We used to be able to prepare with everybody together but the problem today is that you cannot practice any more.

“During the season, we play every three days. After that they go to the World Cup. When they come back they have just one week before they are playing again. You can never improve on the training pitch.”

While Wenger admits that much is expected of Ozil, he says the Club’s record signing can take it in his stride.

“He feels the pressure of course because he knows a lot is expected when you are a big transfer like that,” he said. “There is a big expectation level but he shouldn’t worry about that, just play in the team, enjoy it and give his best.

That’s the best way to deal with it.

“But you must say he doesn’t come from a small club. He comes from Real Madrid where the pressure is always huge as well - so he’s used to it.

“He needs understanding. He’s not a guy who doesn’t care. His style can sometimes look like that but he’s really the opposite character. He cares about the game, he wants to do well and he needs more support.”

Santi Cazorla says it's normal for any player's form to drop at some point during a season - even Mesut Ozil's.

After making a sparkling start to his Arsenal career, the Germany international has received criticism for recent performances with suggestions being made that he's suffered from not having a winter break.

Cazorla, whose own season got off to a relatively quiet start, disagrees and is confident the 25-year-old playmaker will be back to his best soon.

"I don’t think the winter break is a big factor," Cazorla said. "The truth is every player has a little dip at some point in the season, it’s very difficult to always be on top form.

"The problem Mesut [Ozil] has is when he’s on form everyone can play off him and when his form drops a bit, he is missed.

"You have to make him feel appreciated and give him the confidence he needs, he’s a key player for us and let’s hope that he gets back on form. We all have great confidence in him."

Arsenal take on Manchester United on Wednesday and Cazorla is determined to see the Gunners to put the Liverpool defeat behind them.

"The good thing about football is there's always another game and the sooner the better," he said. "On top of that, we have a one against a great rival like Man United who are Premier League champions. 

"It will be very difficult of course but what better chance to turn things around than by beating United in front of the home crowd?"

Been reading the papers and forums...

I think we can all agree this is the worst signing of all time, what a flop....