Week 04 - 13/14 Premier League - Champions League & Europa

User

The question's redundant anyway, the punditry in this country is BEYOND shocking. On TV, accurate technical/tactical analysis is poor especially in comparison to other sports & other countries.

How hard is it to look better than the likes of Lawrenson, Shearer, Redknapp, etc.

So you agree he is better than the like of Lawrenson, Shearer, Redknapp, etc ?

May I ask what other countries pundits are better than the UK ones by the way?

Hansen is a ledge. On the pitch and off it

He is, but those are the regular pundits.

He isn't better than Neville, Keown, a lot of the young bucks.

I don't know them by name but watching technical/tactical analysis from French & Dutch football in particular, you get a lot more in depth insight & not just commentary on 'incidents' during the game.

Even other sports especially US basketball & football, SO MUCH depth that you feel like you're learning whilst watching.

Hansen is a ledge off but the competition has been POOR.

So after all that you agree Hansen is better than the rest? Deary me

Neville is good but talks a lot of sh*t plus he's only been doing the job for over a year. Hansen is 20 years deep, please don't compare them

Keown? He's rarely on TV. Who are these other young bucks you talk of?

Surely when I said Hansen was the best pundit you didn't think I was including ones from other sports or even ones from other countries? Maybe I shoud have wrote it like this:

I like Hansen tbh, think he's been the best regular football (not including american football) pundit on english television for a number of years

Hansens most famous thing is being an embarrassingly wrong pundit its actually more famous then his footballing career

Also

All he does is point out defensive issues in the goals and no doubt when he first started the producers told him to keep it basic for the audience as they generally dictate what the pundits can and can't talk about heavily handcuffing them but since then he has become a parody of himself.

He is just lucky he is next to shearer these days

Neville is the best out right now and if last seasons performance did not impress then watching him next to the avg at best carragher just enforces it IMO and he would be even better if he went an England coach.

Saying that tho mike I've been saying this for years on here the guys that make the shows and producers are responsible for the weak punditry in this country guys with knowledge are overlooked because they don't screen test well and the ones in the jobs are told what to say and what not to say.

One of the worse pundits I have had the displeasure to listen to

Shearer is awful(I :/ Everytime he tries to take a team apart. Just knowing the fact he got a team relegated)

Hansen knowledge outside England is limited

I noticed this during major international tournaments

The way he used to dismiss the Italians,French,Germans,Xavi was embarrassing

Predictions wise he is on par with Pele

Hansens most famous thing is being an embarrassingly wrong pundit its actually more famous then his footballing career

Also

All he does is point out defensive issues in the goals and no doubt when he first started the producers told him to keep it basic for the audience as they generally dictate what the pundits can and can't talk about heavily handcuffing them but since then he has become a parody of himself.

He is just lucky he is next to shearer these days

Neville is the best out right now and if last seasons performance did not impress then watching him next to the avg at best carragher just enforces it IMO and he would be even better if he went an England coach.

Saying that tho mike I've been saying this for years on here the guys that make the shows and producers are responsible for the weak punditry in this country guys with knowledge are overlooked because they don't screen test well and the ones in the jobs are told what to say and what not to say.

No he's known for the phrase "You'll never win anyhthing with kids"

Gerry Armstrong is also a good pundit

Best commentator is Tim Caple, no one can chat to him when it comes to football knowledge

thats what i said tho lol

embarrassingly wrong

Im sure he would enjoy flying from brazil every saturday to appear on MOTD