Hot topic of discussion: To Veil or not to Veil?

Badman

Depends on the situation/Environment

Personally think its stupid, head scarfs are sufficent.

Full coverage is just oppressive imo

• Upvote 1

Agreed, I should have been more specific otherwise it will turn into a race thread:

There is to be a review into whether NHS staff in England should be allowed to wear full face veils, according to the Department of Health.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-24158041

There was an interesting discussion on question time last night

Some say the veil is a cultural thing others say its religious

some say it prevents integration into society but do you really care?

Yea deffo a load of slags I saw out this summer need to be forced to wear full burqa.

The Qur'an doesn't say a woman's face needs to be covered it's personal choice and I respect a woman's choice to wear niqab. There's nothing oppressive about it at all if the woman chooses to do so, I've met a number of women who chose to wear it with no influence from family.

I find it offensive when obese people wear ill fitting garments but it's their choice what they wear.

Its not oppression when its the females choice to wear a full veil. It doesnt affect anybody else so why cant they live their life people need to focus on other aspects rather than determining what is acceptable to wear in society.

This is the thing. They are saying patient carer relationships are affected if the patient cant see the carers face. 

There is also the argument about females wearing veils while on trial makes it hard for the jurors to judge the defendants as they cannot see their facial expressions.

A few isolated scenarios...

Its not oppression when its the females choice to wear a full veil. It doesnt affect anybody else so why cant they live their life people need to focus on other aspects rather than determining what is acceptable to wear in society.

This is the thing. They are saying patient carer relationships are affected if the patient cant see the carers face. 

There is also the argument about females wearing veils while on trial makes it hard for the jurors to judge the defendants as they cannot see their facial expressions.

A few isolated scenarios...

fuck isolated

what people do around me does affect me

no way am i in a hospital n some ghoul is trying to fix me up

its bad enough they're all fresh foreigners ffs

if it doesn't affect any1 i'll start serving customers with my c*ck out

• Upvote 2

Don't care, but I would not be happy having to talk to someone with their mouth covered in a hospital, or any staff member in any kind of practice tbh.

Doesn't that mean you care then ?

Nah. I mean I wouldn't stand up against it if that's what they want to wear. Even though I'd be unhappy in the hospital situation, I wouldn't tell them to uncover their face - it's their choice.