Sign in to follow this  
MrJibbles

afc Adebayor Adebayor Adebayor Adebayor

EMMANUEL ADEBAYOR has snubbed Manchester United and Juventus to sign a new four-year Arsenal contract.Sport of the World can reveal the Arsenal hitman put pen to paper on the ã6million deal last Wednesday after manager Arsene Wenger met his agent Stephane Courbis.Togolese striker Adebayor, 23, will double his ã14,000-a-week wages.Courbis said: "Manu signed his deal. He wanted to stay and work with Arsene ââ¬â although there were very good offers from Juventus and Manchester United."He feels at home at Arsenal and has a real bond with the fans. Now he wants to repay Arsene's faith in him."Adebayor who joined for ã6million from Monaco in January 2006 was on one of Arsenal's smallest contracts earning ã14,000 a week.His new double-your-money deal reflects the hitman's rising status at Arsenal. He scored 12 goals this season including winners at Everton and Wigan

Guest Ryan

Will improve and improve IMO.Once he improves his finishing and composure around the box he'll be too much.

hmmmmm he had better improve althogh hes show for bits what he can do he floped too many chances this season wen if he scored would of won use the game

will eventually drop to 4th/5th choice striker and leave2 seasons. better improve fast cos next season aint gonna be the same

a lot people tell me 2 give him a chance so i think next year will b a big season 4 him.he has grown on me a bit but he still needs 2 find the net with more consistency cz some of his goals r henry like but then he flops bareis he gunna b leaving 4 the african nations next season?

Next season were going for the title & the pressure will 10x what he's experienced so far, he has to fix up his composure infront of goal & stop snatching at chances, once he does this we'll have an awesome striker on our books.

He needs consistency and composure, but he's still adapting and learning, it will come. Still only just finished his first full season in England.His workrate is amazing. I don't know if a lot of people really see it. He is tireless, never stops running and battling (not something you can say about all our strikers....), and causes so many problems for every defence - even on games when he can't hit a donkey's ass with a banjo when it's time to finish. And yeah his finishing needs improvement, no doubt. But I rate how he never shrinks back from the game after a miss, he redoubles his efforts and keeps getting into scoring positions. (Probably why we see him miss 2 or 3 glorious chances in some games biggrin.gif )But from when Rio Ferdinand says he's been the most problematic player for their defence this season that's saying something.12 goals this season, including those against Bolton in the FA Cup quarters, against Spurs in the League & CC, winners at Man Utd, Everton, Wigan... not bad for a 3rd striker