Spotted at the gym

Illusion

How about we share stories about all the off key shit we see at the gym?

Plus points for pics.

Today I saw:

One geezer wearing a New Era while working out. Had it perched at some silly angle and everything.

The same new era rockin geezer doing far too many sets on his chest (press)

One fat bastard (kudos for trying to shift the weight) using the pectoral fly machine THE WRONG WAY AROUND. HE WAS SITTING BACKWARDS. My gym doesn't do inductions but all machines have clear diagrams explaining what to do.

Some geezer in a vest doing the lat machine all wrong. His back was wobbling everywhere and was alternating between pulling behind his head and pulling it behind his head.

Chunky girl (not nice chunky either) sat on the rowing machine next to me and couldn't row. Just had her arms outstretched with elbows locked, and was moving the seat backwards and forwards. Could she not have seen the people around her doing it properly?

Let's here yours when you get in from the gym.

• Upvote 2

One fat bastard (kudos for trying to shift the weight) using the pectoral fly machine THE WRONG WAY AROUND. HE WAS SITTING BACKWARDS. My gym doesn't do inductions but all machines have clear diagrams explaining what to do.

as in this machine?

CS-Pro2_PSPEC-hero.png

:lmao:

how? was he pushing the weight with his elbows?

as in this machine?

CS-Pro2_PSPEC-hero.png

Working this machine the other way round is actually a good way to isolate your shoulders/delts and upper back/traps. 

Google machine reverse flys

Not so much off key but pisses me off is when somebody is on a bench, and there sweat is still on it after there sets.

as in this machine?

CS-Pro2_PSPEC-hero.png

Working this machine the other way round is actually a good way to isolate your shoulders/delts and upper back/traps.

Google machine reverse flys

Yeah but you just know this fat bastard didn't rock up to the machine all like "oooh let me isolate my delts"

He just didn't know what the fuck he was doing

How about we share stories about all the off key sh*t we see at the gym?

Plus points for pics.

Today I saw:

One geezer wearing a New Era while working out. Had it perched at some silly angle and everything.

Some geezer in a vest doing the lat machine all wrong. His back was wobbling everywhere and was alternating between pulling behind his head and pulling it behind his head.

Chunky girl (not nice chunky either) sat on the rowing machine next to me and couldn't row. Just had her arms outstretched with elbows locked, and was moving the seat backwards and forwards. Could she not have seen the people around her doing it properly?

asian?

How about we share stories about all the off key sh*t we see at the gym?

Plus points for pics.

Today I saw:

asian?

Nah some white kid. Looked about 19.

I used to love going on a Friday Evening as it was near enough quiet or out right empty.

But you could guarantee every week you see these two lemons fully dressed for the night out, tight jeans, smothered in after shave come in and do some bicep pumps and bench a bit then leave.

Every week.

Was funny at first but then you'd be like WTF?

I've seen it all.

Gucci belt and jeans crew. f*cking horrible.

LOOLLLL there's no need!

I wear old beat up t shirts to the gym, shorts and proper running trainers

its nuffin

If you're doing stuff like squats and the like, I've been told to use flat plimsolls or similar. Apparently the running trainers absorb a lot of the force and mess with your technique, might be completely wrong though.

Wear running trainers when out jogging but the flat soles plimsolls type when at the gym.

• Upvote 1

gym worker showed me a reverse setting for the pec fly, so the 2 pads where You'd normally put Your arms are close together when You do it in reverse.

did the man have it this way, or were they in the initial wide position?

Ahh skeen. I couldn't tell I wasn't near enough, but it just looked off, this massive geezer sitting the wrong way on the machine.

Normally the guys that need to burn weight just go for high energy output stuff - wouldn't have thought the reverse pec fly would be that

I remember way back in a free weights area I was watching a guy doing standing bicep curls

His technique :lmao:

Some tall skinny guy, it was like he was a woman trying to throw the bouquet after she gets married

arms swinging everywhere

back bending

torso twisting

all sorts of madness

And what smacks it is when he finished a set he would, proper drop the weights, no more than maybe 7.5 kg

and proper be like "phew", wipe his head, walk around the gym flexing and then start again

Never went back to that gym

I remember way back in a free weights area I was watching a guy doing standing bicep curls

His technique :lmao:

Some tall skinny guy, it was like he was a woman trying to throw the bouquet after she gets married

arms swinging everywhere

back bending

torso twisting

all sorts of madness

And what smacks it is when he finished a set he would, proper drop the weights, no more than maybe 7.5 kg

and proper be like "phew", wipe his head, walk around the gym flexing and then start again

Never went back to that gym

It was that deep that it made you quit a gym?

rudy.png