How much do you earn?

PopT

34k going up to 39 in Jan (fingers crossed)

Start the job on Monday. Woo hoo! I accepted this morning, seperately a recruiter I've been speaking to forwarded me a role as a digital trader this morning, 30 base but said I could triple it in commission, he used to be a commodities trader and thinks I'd be really good at it.

One for the future maybe

• Upvote 2

My ex's bro did it

Took 2-3 yrs I think

Passed

Cleared 95k in his first year lol

Declared 35k to the tax people lol

Too calm

See...

Taxi driver that dropped me to the airport the other night was saying the same thing.

said those black cabbies make a 100k a year nd declared 40k for tax I was stunned.

Said it take 3 years to get the license. apparently.

To make 100k in a cab you gotta be doing some crazy hours, but i know man doing it that are pissed if they dont bring home 5k at least for the month.

Started doing it, but got sidetracked..had twins.

but this month iam getting back on it.

http://www.wizann.co.uk/

This is site for the school that i got my books with the runs from, and got info and help on how to get started.

Hoping to land 29k first job if I kill this interview.

Otherwise I'm going China. Looking at 1200 a month first job.

Good luck, why China?

Learning the language and feel at home there. Will feel ridiculous to leave London though.

Are you part Chinese (if you don't mind me asking), I find it really interesting because I have never felt so uncomfortable and out of place than in China (especially North). My cousin who lived there for just over a year to improve his speaking would never go back through choice and it seems most of his American/European friends agreed, the general thesis was that it's a great place as a Westerner to make money but never somewhere they would choose to live for quality of life.  

Black cabbies are the biggest bastards on the road, the way they just stop in the most stupid of places to pick up fares.They really do think they own the streets

:lmao: Public service mate, if somebody hails your cab, you're gonna stop init(if its safe)...after studying london streets for 2/3 years, and working on the roads 5 days a week, your going have/need that mentality.

To make 100k in a cab you gotta be doing some crazy hours, but i know man doing it that are pissed if they dont bring home 5k at least for the month.

Started doing it, but got sidetracked..had twins.

but this month iam getting back on it.

http://www.wizann.co.uk/

This is site for the school that i got my books with the runs from, and got info and help on how to get started.

Yeah he used to do crazy hours but obviously you can do what you want

More time he'd leave home about 1pm and not get back til about 2-3am. This was Tuesday-Sunday.

Also when he was doing his knowledge he would be awake at 4am... Go do his runs for a few hrs before work then come home and do his books for a few hrs then go to bed

Hoping to land 29k first job if I kill this interview.

Otherwise I'm going China. Looking at 1200 a month first job.

Good luck, why China?

Learning the language and feel at home there. Will feel ridiculous to leave London though.

Are you part Chinese (if you don't mind me asking), I find it really interesting because I have never felt so uncomfortable and out of place than in China (especially North). My cousin who lived there for just over a year to improve his speaking would never go back through choice and it seems most of his American/European friends agreed, the general thesis was that it's a great place as a Westerner to make money but never somewhere they would choose to live for quality of life.  

Nah I'm not. There are some nice cities in China, but I could only consider living in Shanghai. I understand from your pov and some of my friends who have traveled there, that it's an obscure culture to integrate with, and most locals aren't exactly friendly. But because I went to an international school and made friends with many expats, it was a much better experience. Definitely more from learning the language. You get used to it and you block out the flaws. I took cooking lessons there which actually was a massive help in making me feel at ease.

Can't say if I intend on staying there long term. I think my goal is to get that experience in China early, and I may as well because of the language and the people I know there, and then see if I can make it out to Singapore or HK.

Come to realise that I am someone that enjoys doing certain things on my own. So going out there alone and doing my own thing - I feel I can make the most out of myself. I would genuinely give some people that advice.

• Upvote 3

can u do the knowledge in a car or does it have to be on a ped with a clip board?

You can do it using whatever you want, but a ped is the best option, dont want to be stuck in traffic plus sometimes you might take a wrong turn etc easier to maneuver in difficult situations imo.