How much do you earn?

PopT

A 2,000-rouble wedding present from Olga's (Abramovich's first wife) parents (about £1,000) was invested by Abramovich in black-market goods such as perfume, deodorants, tights and toothpaste to sell on in Moscow in or around December 1987. Abramovich soon doubled, then tripled, the investment, his confidence growing with each business success. "I think he enjoyed the thrill of it," says Olga. "When he returned from trips selling the goods, he was flushed with joy. In 1988, as Perestroika opened up opportunities for entrepreneurs in the Soviet Union, he and Olga set up a company making dolls. "It brought success almost immediately," says Olga, "but I don't think Roman ever imagined that he would become as rich as he is now."

Anyway it was a simple analogy, give 2 men 1k and in 20 years time they will be in totally different places.

I work with some Soviet guys, they remind me of Nigerians the way they work their arses of from nothing, now they're rolling in dough. One told me how he was washing cars for £2 when he first came to UK in 80s now he own big house in Greenwich.

On another discussion this was said about asbestos:

"This talk about asbestos is all bullshit, I see asbestos people drive to our sites in new Mercedes, In Soviet Union asbestos in car, in house, even asbestos in daycare, nobody I know has died"

Cool story

/

On a serious note though, those asbestos people make a killing, and a lot of the inside talk is that it's mostly all a scam.

Since we're discussing money and all, who knows anyone in the trade?

• Downvote 1

Earn £18,755.

It's very career orientated, so I know what dates I can attain targets by. I get an increment every April (following the first 12 months of being there) and providing I pass exams next November and complete a portfolio then I should be on £21,500 by April 2015 when I will be 25.

With overtime I get about another £120 per month. A colleague I work with does something different and needs people to help out for six hours evening once per month so I do that for just over £10 per hour (you get fed while you're there). I also get one working day per month off (in addition to my pay) and use that to work at my second job doing admin stuff at £8 an hour)

Again, nothing special but tryna save for a mortgage. Hoping to get a mortgage for around £450 a month.

On another discussion this was said about asbestos:

"This talk about asbestos is all bullshit, I see asbestos people drive to our sites in new Mercedes, In Soviet Union asbestos in car, in house, even asbestos in daycare, nobody I know has died"

Cool story

:rofl:

Chernobyl is Soviet Asbestos.

lol @ pension

how old are you?

Can never start that sh*t too early.

Lol @ not paying into a pension.

The way things are going there won't be a state pension to fall back on in 50 yrs.

I don't know the intricacies of pensions (although I pay 5.9% into mine every month) however anyone who is over 40 regardless of their situation says pay in.

Guys I work with are hoping to take voluntary redundancy at 55-57 (dependent on their years service) on a 20k+ pension. Mortgage paid off and a part-time job to keep busy and they're living a comfortable life.