IIFYM/Flexible dieting

YFSD

I do it 1-2 days a week with the rest of the days purely based on clean eating.

Mainly do the flexible dieting on on high carb/cheat days. e.g. ice cream, pop tarts with some burgers  and a protein shake post workout.

But the feeling of eating clean>>>>>>>>

Just another fad imo, just remember the best bodybuilders/fitness models out there ate clean most of the times, course they had cheat meals but they didn't go around bragging about iifym and shoving down flexible dieting on everyone's throats. 

I do it 1-2 days a week with the rest of the days purely based on clean eating.

Mainly do the flexible dieting on on high carb/cheat days. e.g. ice cream, pop tarts with some burgers  and a protein shake post workout.

But the feeling of eating clean>>>>>>>>

Just another fad imo, just remember the best bodybuilders/fitness models out there ate clean most of the times, course they had cheat meals but they didn't go around bragging about iifym and shoving down flexible dieting on everyone's throats. 

trust me

was sick the other day so im off paleo for a bit.

bread >>>>>>>

>>>>> the feeling afterwards

I do IIFYM, couldn't do without it tbh (if I'm cutting/bulking). Roughly hit my proteins, then fats and make sure I never go over my calorie goal for the day.

I eat clean, so it's not like I eat shit when I have excess remaining calories for the day. But if I wanted to have ice cream/cake/whatever, I can make it work and will still hit whatever goal I've set.

It's also easier to predicate progress in terms of weight loss/gain. Some people find it long logging what you eat, but I have OCD so I enjoy it and the data you can create from it.

Bro eating is boring and too strict for me; IIFYM allows me to socially eat again. No more declining going to restaurants as it'll break my rice/broc/chicken meal plan, lol.

I think it's here to stay as it all comes down to science and how your body processes macro nutrients. Where people go wrong is they hit their macros, eat shit for the rest of their calories completely forgetting all the micronutrients that comes from the typical clean eating. There has to be a balance, and it goes back to "everything in moderation".

However, I say "do whatever works for you". If your method gets you results, stick to it

how long u been on paleo?

u workin out on it?

I did 2-3 months I think.

When I first went on it I didnt work out for a couple weeks. But after that it was fine.

I wasnt very strict so it was more of a generic low carb diet. I'd still have milk in my tea and coffee, maybe a wee piece of chocolate after dinner, basically just no potato, pasta, rice, bread, beans etc. Also had 1 cheat meal per week (pizza and chips). Still managed to loose about 1.5 stone.

Off it for a bit and noticing my skins worse and I always feel sleepy after a lunch that includes carbs.

I do IIFYM, couldn't do without it tbh (if I'm cutting/bulking). Roughly hit my proteins, then fats and make sure I never go over my calorie goal for the day.

I eat clean, so it's not like I eat sh*t when I have excess remaining calories for the day. But if I wanted to have ice cream/cake/whatever, I can make it work and will still hit whatever goal I've set.

It's also easier to predicate progress in terms of weight loss/gain. Some people find it long logging what you eat, but I have OCD so I enjoy it and the data you can create from it.

Bro eating is boring and too strict for me; IIFYM allows me to socially eat again. No more declining going to restaurants as it'll break my rice/broc/chicken meal plan, lol.

counting calories/macros is just too long. But I do like the concept behind it.

Lol, found this on FB, pretty much hits the nail on the head regarding those who treat IIFYM like it's the second coming of Jesus Christ

Off topic thread. I see alot of people asking why so many bros look better than science guys and the common answer is because there are more bros and though that is part of the reason i gotta be honest i think its also because most of you don't do it correctly you make fun of the bros for eating completely clean and preach "balance" when you yourself have not had a fruit or vegetable in months because your too busy playing macro tetris trying to get all of your carbs from f*cking twix bars (ok to do this every now nd again on a special occasion) seriosly guys stop using the term if it fits your macros as a crutch for your shitty nutrition. Flexable dieting works well when done PROPERLY 60-70 percent of your food should come from the normal bodybuilding foods