Black Girls Rock

Pro

I hear what youre saying but if you as a parent allow your children to watch such shows then what can you expect. 

I this day and age, how much influecne does the parent have over a child, a teenager. whilst you maybe able to ''control' what you allow them to see whilst in your presence, you dont control what they see whilst not in your presence., neither do you control how they interpret such things.

Gone are the days 50 odd years ago when the main influences on young blacks were parents 1st, family 2nd, and church/religious establishment 3rd, friends 4th, media 6th

Nowadays its more like, 1st media, 2nd friends, and the others making up the numbers

People as a whole are bombarded with messages , confilitcing messages, sublte, blantant, overt, offensive, all kinds. you cant control how your child thinks. this isnt a cop out, but even having a 4 year old son, i think deeply about these things cos i see how the world and influences work on his innocent little mind.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I hear what youre saying but if you as a parent allow your children to watch such shows then what can you expect. 

I this day and age, how much influecne does the parent have over a child, a teenager. whilst you maybe able to ''control' what you allow them to see whilst in your presence, you dont control what they see whilst not in your presence., neither do you control how they interpret such things.

Gone are the days 50 odd years ago when the main influences on young blacks were parents 1st, family 2nd, and church/religious establishment 3rd, friends 4th, media 6th

Nowadays its more like, 1st media, 2nd friends, and the others making up the numbers

People as a whole are bombarded with messages , confilitcing messages, sublte, blantant, overt, offensive, all kinds. you cant control how your child thinks. this isnt a cop out, but even having a 4 year old son, i think deeply about these things cos i see how the world and influences work on his innocent little mind.

This is why you beat them so they just know not to step out of line  .

• Downvote 1

LOL @ beating children, they still wont give a fuck what you want them to do.

• Upvote 2

LOL @ beating children, they still wont give a f*ck what you want them to do.

Depends on how strict you are tbf . Lets not forget that beatings  have been  used successfully in many cultures for centuries .

• Downvote 1

Beatings do nothing. My dad used to beat me and my bros for stepping out of line.

A beating was over in a minute or two. Easy to deal with.

You want to really piss a kid off. Punish them by taking away actual enjoyable things in my case it was our games console. He took that away for 3 weeks. And left it in clear view of us but hid all the connectors and pads.

Seeing it but knowing there was no way to play it actually made me think about my behaviour.

• Upvote 4

Beatings do nothing. My dad used to beat me and my bros for stepping out of line.

You want to really piss a kid off. Punish them by taking away actual enjoyable things in my case it was our games console. He took that away for 3 weeks. And left it in clear view of us but hid all the connectors and pads.

Seeing it but knowing there was no way to play it actually made me think about my behaviour.

:rofl:

:rofl:

Top notch parenting tbh

• Upvote 1

LOL @ beating children, they still wont give a f*ck what you want them to do.

Depends on how strict you are tbf . Lets not forget that beatings  have been  used successfully in many cultures for centuries .

It has never been successful, that is a myth. People do what they want to do. Beatings are for parents with a lack of parenting skills or they do it because that was the way they were taught to by the previous generation, but it shows the lack of control and frustration. 

I got beat, never gave a shit nor if I did do bad things, either never cared about getting beat for my actions or didn't think about it. When I stopped getting beat my behaviour improved and thought about things more, especially when I saw people I used to chill with just become wasted people (they used to get beat too) and when I got arrested.

Vertigos example is a superior way of discipline.