User

>>>>

tuff jam appreciation thread :lol:

• Upvote 3

Fonti use to rinse that Scott Garcia track banger trust

You know that brudda.

"Gyal a caress me undress me, wan test me/

Gyal a caress me, undress me wan test me..."

I still say to this day any Garage Nation/Sidewinder/Sun City tapepack that came out was an instacop just for the HLC tapes.

/

It's a madness when this tune drops!

The bassline >>>

The synth accents >>>

The 'tun it down'/'di-di-di-di-down-down' samps >>>

The cicada/cricket sample in the background >>>>

• Upvote 1

dun kno!

I still say to this day any Garage Nation/Sidewinder/Sun City tapepack that came out was an instacop just for the HLC tapes.

the way a £25 tape pack would get copped for one tape and one tape only, EZ or HLC

swear EZ at Exposure was always a next ting!

It's a madness when this tune drops!

The bassline >>>

The synth accents >>>

The 'tun it down'/'di-di-di-di-down-down' samps >>>

The cicada/cricket sample in the background >>>>

dun kno!

a good DJ tool and a sick classic

• Upvote 1

lessons in love >>>

• Upvote 1

also,

i don't wanna piss on anyones bbq or nuffin but them Platinum 45 tracks are straight trash and a perfect example of where garage fell off right before grime fully found it's feet

sayin that tho Oi is certified and i wuld never doubt its power

This is a certified post, at least partially.

Without taking the thread on a detour, it just reminded me of the old debates that used to happen on old Uptown Records forums about 8 bar, right around the time Oi! was bubbling....

I noticed it with the HLC/PAUG clash from Destiny's. Even before the full recording dropped, I remember playing the shitty 64kbs version of the clash off my Nokia 5510 in the school playground...All the guys who thought they were badboys backed Wiley and Gift, while a lot of the more blessed people (and the girls) were backing Heartless..

When the full tape dropped and you heard the set PAUG had before Ace started the 'chuck it and we'll done it' talk, there was like one random Misteeq Sunship remix, but BARE dark 8 bar tunes. Them times Slimzee was championing all them minimal Jon E Cash/Zinc/Narrows kinda tunes, while Fonti was more on the Crisp Biscuit ting, providing that Room 1/Room 2 experience in one set. HLC came from the old school angle that the godfather figures in the scene came from - play tunes for the chicks and the mandem are bless. I can remember Fonti dropping 'Can't Get You Out Of My Head' by Kylie Minogue on one tape :lol:

I think promoters could see the split coming, and Wiley knew that there was an audience for the hype clash lyrics ting - and nobody needs melodies, choruses and vocals for clash bars, you need instrumental with a basic structure. I think to an extent So Solid were partly to blame for the split in the sense that they brought the focus onto MCs, and popularized the 'crew' format.

That said, has anyone ever heard Wiley on a Garage Nation tape? I only ever heard Wiley on Sidewinder tapes mainly...couple Sun City tapes...but it seemed like they faced a bit of a blackballing with the more traditional heads in the scene..

It's 6am and I'm zoned, but that's my two pennies! Bless

• Upvote 1

Gotta remember that garage was getting increasingly cheesy at one point due to the majors getting involved signing everything with a hook. The darker tracks or 'grimey' garage was just a natural counter reaction. Also the emergence of cheap software meant people started producing on their pc's often with low production values. Personally I liked that era as tracks like Deleted Scenes, Surgeon General and Hold Tight could be heard in sets alongside a Todd Edwards track and a sunship 2 step bubbler. There was variety that I've never witnessed in any other scene since.

• Upvote 1

I need to rip this

Sidewinder_ValentinesShowcase_250203_8Ta

hard tape pack

pudOYhh.pngKU0LNz2.png

im sure that purple pa

• Upvote 3

Yes come tru wid da tapes