Rate your intelligence

Pro

9 when confident and assertive and not being victim to any insecurities

I also pick up skills and knowledge obscenely quickly, everyone who has spent time around me says it

I'm 22 years old playing a vital role in delivering a £30million development project ffs only 1.5 months into the industry

• Downvote 4

Without going too much off topic I think GCSE's and A Levels are still very important depending on what industry you're going in

I work in investment banking for instance and every single major IB asked for a break down of GCSE's/A Levels to the point where I began to lie

When I finally secured my current job I was asked to bring my GCSE & A Level certificates on my first day. Having lied about them I made up some bollocks excuse that they got lost in a house flood...they bought it

It's a shame that it does still matter at a lower entry level, despite what you've done post GCSE/A Level, because the only people who knew what they wanted to do for a career at GCSE were likely the people being pushed into it by their parents and are the same people who probably already had a connection into their desired industry anyway. Regular people on the other hand didn't have a clue, nor did I even know anyone who'd been to Uni when I was doing GCSE's to understand the benefits.

That is the elitist society we live in though

Bla bla bla bla.

I have been referred to as the smartest person lots of people have met. It's embarrassing and hard to remain humble to be honest. I'm not just smart because of what I know, I think my greatest strength is logical reasoning, and the ability to successfully apply this to any given situation puts me at an advantage.

Qualifications are often a test of how good you are at remembering things, and indeed there are many different types of intelligence so it's unfair to judge people on numbers and subjects.

Saying that at my last count my IQ was 147 but that was ages ago, probably dropped significantly now, overall however I'd put myself at 7. 10 is polymath of the highest order and I'm only mildly polymathic :)

The smartest person I've met is a 9.